• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Have you driven an FFN Lately?

neckstrap

Country flag
Santa Monica Sports Cars Club wants you! We are introducing a "Kinder and Gentler" rally style for you people who just want to have fun driving your

car. We are changing the game to make it easier to learn how to do TSD rallies and we need beginners to come try out the new Class D simplified

instructions. Bring a friend to the First Friday Niter Rally on July 1 at 7:00 PM. We meet in the parking lot behind Bank of America at the intersection

of Devonshire and Sepulveda. Check out the basics at SMSCC.ORG.

Have you driven an FFN Lately?

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Please tell us more! I couldn't find any mention of "Class D simplified" at https://www.smscc.org/ and the posted rules have more twists than the ACA!

Just one example, does a smart phone with a rally app violate the "stock odometer" rule? It's not an odometer, doesn't know how far the wheels have turned.

OP
N

neckstrap

Country flag
We have not changed the website to show the changes. We have written special class D instructions that gives extra information to help you stay on course and make the event more FUN! This rally was a great success with lots of new people having a blast in their cars. The next one is July 30 and it's a day rally called "Not My Fault". Yes the posted rules are daunting. I am trying to change that. Just try to memorize the abbreviations, like FLR means "Follow the Lined Road". The course instructions will explain everything. The smart phone app should move you up to Class C, I believe. I will check.