• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB new project...need like a hole in the head

wingsandwheels

Hi All, back after a bit of a hiatus, that whole career thing gets in the way of fun.

Just cant turn down an LBC in need of a friend, in this case a '79, 68K mile one owner B. Great driver that sat for a long, long time. Yeah the rubber bumpers are somewhat ponderous, underappreciated products of the 70's, but so am I!

This is my first B, so I expect to be back here soon.

Attachments

• MGB garagesm an.jpg
    MGB garagesm an.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 92

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Pretty! By '79 there might be more ponies in the garden tractor engine but.... paint the bumpers the colour of the body and it will update it nicely!

OP
wingsandwheels

wingsandwheels

thanks all... funny, the rubber bumper B, along with an Uncle's GT6, were the cars of my childhood that got me into cars so I always felt that I would own one. finally got to put some miles on her in the past two days; emissions strangled, rubber bumpered and all, it is still a great ride for a cool evening.

my old (real) Cub is also a survivor

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice B.

I've really come around to the later rubber bumper cars. Most of the power issues can be sorted out, and a good clean later MGB is still a really nice car.

Country flag
Where did you get the grey mats on the floor of your garage? Do you like them? Can you use a floor jack on them? My new garage will be done next week and I am exploring what to put on the floor. :smile:

OP
wingsandwheels

wingsandwheels

Where did you get the grey mats on the floor of your garage? Do you like them? Can you use a floor jack on them? My new garage will be done next week and I am exploring what to put on the floor. :smile:

American Floor Mats, industrial coin pattern roll mats. They are great and you can use a jack on them, but I always put something under jack stands. They clean well, even overspray (with some effort), but do get stained a bit by tires, especially the ones on my Elise...soft compound maybe? They get real slick w/ oil though, hence the old rugs under my Rovers.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Gatlinburg Tenn. 2006 photo. Painted rubber bumpers in my estimation, give the car a longer and more streamlined look. Might have sold more Bs if the factory had done this in the first place. JMHO. PJ

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JimLaney I need some basic restoration info for my first car project Restoration & Tools 20
B TR2/3/3A Need help with tr3 project Triumph 9
T Need some coaching on is a XKE project Jaguar 6
weewillie NIAL,, need another project Other British Cars 4
S Anyone need a rack and pinion for a project? Other Cars 1
69MGC MGB-GT Need Some Parts for My B GT Project MG 0
B Anyone need a '67 project for cheap [NFI] Spridgets 7
S Need a late Christmas present / New Years project? Spridgets 8
PATR8 Need advice on a new project [Volvo 240] Other Cars 19
racingenglishcars Tell me I don't need another project Other British Cars 30
kodanja TR4/4A need a project TR4? Triumph 9
LastDeadLast Need help with another hair-brained project... Triumph 15
Beavis GT6 GT6+ electric vehicle project. Need Info/Advice. Triumph 13
mctriumph For Sale Project car 61 Tr3a Triumph Classifieds 0
pbraun For Sale Triumph TR 250 Project Triumph Classifieds 0
C For Sale MG A Project MG Classifieds 2
HealeyPassion AH Project: Cool Air to Engine Austin Healey 5
UltimateQuestion For Sale 1972 GT6Mk3 Project Car and lots of parts -Package Deal Triumph Classifieds 1
apbos New long term project. Sprite powered rear engined race car. Spridgets 9
J For Sale BN1 project car (price reduction) Austin Healey Classifieds 0
UltimateQuestion For Sale Price Reduced! 1972 GT6Mk3 Project Cars and lots of parts Triumph Classifieds 0
UltimateQuestion For Sale 1972 GT6Mk3 Project Car and loads of parts Triumph Classifieds 7
C For Sale 1974 TR-6 Project car for sale whole Triumph Classifieds 0
SteveTheBrewer Spitfire Project Tanker Mid-Summer Update Triumph 0
LarryK BJ8 Parts or Project Car For Sale in St. Louis Austin Healey 3
L For Sale TR6 1976 (restorable project) and TR4 1966 for parts Triumph Classifieds 4
SteveTheBrewer Spitfire Project Tanker Update! Triumph 0
78Z Project Austin A40 Somerset ‘Special’ Other British Cars 10
S 1964 BJ8 Project Valuation Austin Healey 21
T For Sale 1970 TR6 project car Triumph Classifieds 0
Rut TR4/4A Return to 4a project Triumph 6
B For Sale 57TR3 Small Mouth with OD Project. 12 yeqrs running. I'm not going to finish Triumph Classifieds 14
CJD General TR New Project...? Triumph 24
S 1972 MG Midget Mk III Project Car for sale Spridgets 5
HealeyPassion AH Sebring/Ruddspeed EFI project car Austin Healey 6
equiprx Left over parts from my 1994 XJS coupe project Jaguar Classifieds 0
HAN5L778 MGB 1974 1/2 MGB Project car MG 0
Vikingo Tropical A40 Devon Countryman project Other British Cars 42
Healey Nut Tri-Carb Project Austin Healey 213
M TR6 '72 Engine Project, Some Day Triumph 6
Lukens For Sale Check out this tr3 project for sale... A real treasure trove Triumph Classifieds 0
oldbagpipe For Sale Early 1969 TR6 'Stalled Project' $4500 Triumph Classifieds 0
JPSmit Interesting project - and a twist on the hardtop. Restoration & Tools 12
C TR6 A lot has happened. Update on my project Triumph 7
oldbagpipe For Sale Early 1969 TR6 Project for sale Triumph Classifieds 10
boxofparts TR2/3/3A My long term 30 yr project Triumph 5
B MGB 1972 MGB Project Blue First attempt and fixing no spark and other checks MG 67
D For Sale Custom 1972 Triumph Spitfire [Restoration Project] Triumph Classifieds 0
W Potential New Project Spridgets 3
Bayless New Model A project Other Cars 36