• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Average Weekly Miles Driven

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I have had my Bugeye for just about Two and a Half years or 30 months. Since acquiring it I have driven it 5,728 miles. This works out to an average of 191 miles per month or roughly 48 miles per week.
I would be curious what your average miles per week are so I can compare my mileage and determine where I stack up with the rest of you.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Depends if its on jack stands or not :smile: Mine is getting some stuff done and is in pieces, and with a garage that is 110 degrees, nothing is happening. But prior to that, in 2 days I logged about 350 miles. In a couple weeks we are planning a five day tour of Napa and Lodi wine regions, as well as the coast for some fresh oysters, so that should log about 500 miles.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Good on you! I have done 700 miles since 2014 :( partly lousy summer weather, partly clutch issues and partly a wedding that would not end, hoping to address the issue this summer!

M

Member 10617

With Virginia Antique Plates, I am limited by DMV regs to 4000 miles per year. I usually get to within 500 miles of tht limit when I'm having a good driving year..

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I've got about 90 miles on Penny since I brought her home in 2013. 80 of those were on a flatbed heading to and from the body shop. :grin:

The Morris has already done a 150 mile day trip and a 400 mile weekend run. The MGB almost nothing, but I just got it to running condition a few days ago. I'd guess that a really good driving year would see maybe 5000 miles between the two running cars -- though not this year. I've got both on classic insurance, so daily driving duties are off the table. A few years ago I kept the MGB on regular insurance and drove it to work every day in the summer when it wasn't raining.

Of course, I've never actually had a LBC with a working odometer or speedometer, so all numbers are a best guess. :smile:

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I bought Baby Blue with 6900 on the OD and now at 13700 after 34 months, which translates to an even 200 miles per month, or just about 46 miles a week (based on a 52 week year). However, each winter, Baby Blue spends about 2 months off the road undergoing maintenance, so that ups the mileage to about 243 miles per month when the car was actually available to be driven, or about 56 miles per week.

I had to do a double take -- hard to believe I've owned the car for almost three years now.