• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

USAF Thunderbirds show Saturday - Maybe?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We were planning to go to an air show featuring the Thunderbirds this Saturday at Kirtland AFB. However, just learned that one of the T-Birds has crashed following a flyover at the USAF Academy graduation. Pilot ejected and is ok, but not sure if this will prevent them from performing this weekend.

Also, just heard that a Navy Blue Angel jet crashed today in Tennessee.

CaptRandy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
There are many more pilots for the group so the one out will probably be replaced for the show. Not the Blue Angel was killed so may wonder about upcoming shows.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I agree the show should be canceled, if they ran the show, it would show disrespect for the pilot who was killed and his family. There will also be an intensive investigation as to the cause, as there should be. PJ

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I agree the show should be canceled, if they ran the show, it would show disrespect for the pilot who was killed and his family. There will also be an intensive investigation as to the cause, as there should be. PJ

Actually the Thunderbird Pilot was not killed, in fact he ejected and was fine. It was the Blue Angels pilot who was killed in a crash in Tennessee. But I think they ground the team when there is a mishap until investigation determines what went wrong.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Actually the Thunderbird Pilot was not killed, in fact he ejected and was fine. It was the Blue Angels pilot who was killed in a crash in Tennessee. But I think they ground the team when there is a mishap until investigation determines what went wrong.

Sorry for not making myself clear, as I was referring to the Navy pilot. Very glad that the AF pilot got out safely. I will be interested in what the verdict is on why both AC crashed, but that will take some time. PJ

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
It has been a while since we visited Kirtland. Our son had invited us to the air show at Cannon AFB this weekend, but we want to wait until he is more available to spend some time with us. He was just promoted to Major this week and is slotting into a new job on base. It looks like you had a nice day glancing at your photos on Flickr.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It has been a while since we visited Kirtland. Our son had invited us to the air show at Cannon AFB this weekend, but we want to wait until he is more available to spend some time with us. He was just promoted to Major this week and is slotting into a new job on base. It looks like you had a nice day glancing at your photos on Flickr.

Even though the T-Birds were not performing, it was still a fun day with my wife. Here is a link to the Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/britishcarforum/albums/72157668508408400/with/27443685676/

Check out the video of the jet-powered glider!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I feel for the Blue Angels pilot (& his Family)
We were fortunate to see them at the US Naval Academy
in 2005, & 2006 when our Son graduated.
We got VIP passes for the '05 show,& got to
watch one of them fly just above the rim of the stadium
during the graduation ceremony.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Strap a jet engine to a canoe and it will fly :smile:. Still pretty cool to see

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Strap a jet engine to a canoe and it will fly :smile:.
I've seen a canoe fly, not with a jet engine though. Lots of ducking and running for cover.

Last edited by a moderator: