• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series lip on bore of td

saltiga

I have had the xpag engine resleeved back to standard, this has left a lip at the bottom , between the new sleeve and the old bore diameter, so small(.030") this has made it impossible to fit the new rings and piston with my ring compressor. As the lip is only .030" would any harm be done if I were to taper this part of the bore to match the old bore size . this then would allow the rings to go into the new bore size, ( the reason I had it resleeved is because the engine had been left out in the rain and damaged the bores beyond any over size rebore. hence back to standard) Or is there another way?? Saltiga

CraigC

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Install pistons and rods MINUS the rings from inside crankcase. Push pistons past top of block sufficiently to allow fitting of rings. Install ring compressor and then guide pistons back down into cylinders.

OP
S

saltiga

Thanks for the intelligent reply, Now why did I not think of that!!! So simple, I had all sorts of ingenious ideas, I even asked an MG dealer , no luck there. very impressed. Saltiga

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
You should be ok, but check the stroke of to piston before fitting the rings. I had the same issue and the lower ring would touch....better safe than sorry later.

Brinkerhoff

Jedi Knight
I wouldn't hesitate to leave the lower skirt rings ( If the pistons use them) off if they are even close to the step. I've had to do that twice with no regrets.