• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tent Rocks

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Never been there. Now I want to go! Great shots.

Oh, congrats!

Last edited:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Happy anniversary boss! many blessings for many more!

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
giphy.gif

Happy Anniversary!

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Nice shots and congratulations to both of you.

We camped near in Bernalillo on the Rio Grande last month but had a bit of snow in the morning so blasted on to Southern California and unfortunately missed Tent Rocks.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Nice shots and congratulations to both of you.

We camped near in Bernalillo on the Rio Grande last month but had a bit of snow in the morning so blasted on to Southern California and unfortunately missed Tent Rocks.

It'll still be there next time you're in the area :smile:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Happy Anne! Nice images there, too.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Happy anniversary Bas! Those are some nice photos.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations to you and Mrs Bas. We still hope to get to Albuquerque some time before too old to travel (Married there in 1957). Also want to visit Santa Fe as haven't been there since a young lad. Looks like Tent Rocks is yet another thing to see. Just hope it can be at least seen without so much hiking.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Married there in 1957.

It may have changed just a tad since then. I was first here back in 79-82 when I was in Engineering school at UNM for the Air Force. We then left for parts all around the country and made it back to Albuquerque 10 years later. Just in that short time it had grown a bunch!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm sure it has. The population then was about 175,000. My mother lived on Grand near San Mateo, just a few blocks north of Central Ave. Between her house and Sandia Peak was nothing but flat empty ground, "the mesa" they called it. Maybe we will get back this year. Oh, I still have that same beautiful bride.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I'm sure it has. The population then was about 175,000. My mother lived on Grand near San Mateo, just a few blocks north of Central Ave. Between her house and Sandia Peak was nothing but flat empty ground, "the mesa" they called it. Maybe we will get back this year. Oh, I still have that same beautiful bride.
I know that area well. My Daughter-in-Law's grand mother lives in that area.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I did a google maps look at the area yesterday. Even that was not recognizable.