• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Career change and life Latest.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Career change and life up-date.

Hi all. I know I haven't been very active in here lately. The BCF is still set as my home page, and I do always scan quick to see what's up, but it's been a few years now since I've owned an LBC, or even worked on cars professionally.
But the world of cars has a way of dragging you back in. I still don't own an LBC. (My dad still has his 69 MGB) but in 2 weeks I will be starting a new job at a major OEM auto parts manufacturer, working in the Advanced Engineering Dept. running engine dyno test cells.
For the last 5 years I have been working in industrial automation and robotics. It's been for a small company that is very limited in employee advancement. So I needed to look long term for something, and all my previous jobs came together pretty nicely to give me the perfect experience to land this job.
On top of all that, I have been happily playing with blacksmithing, knifemaking, and my VW camper bus. I have also been helping my dad keep hid sailboat up to snuff, and learning the ropes of sailing.
Lots to do. I'll try to be more involved here too. I was just excited to share a bit about my new job with some of the gearheads I've been friends with here for a long time now.
Cheers! Banjo

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Re: Career change and life up-date.

Way to go Ben. Upward in the job market these days is a good thing. Congrats!

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag

congrats Ben, that's great news

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

Congratulations Ben, and may you have much success at your new job.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag

Sounds like a nice new job. Experience always helps when you want to move up.
Dyno work huh, maybe you should test my mini on the dyno just to calibrate it.

Jerry

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Cool, Ben! Pleased for ya!