• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to darken the text?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Good morning!

I find the text on my BCF pages difficult to read. It's grey, against a white background.

It would be a lot clearer to see *black* text against the white background.

I've tried all the "styles" available in the drop down menu at page bottom left - but none change the text. Only the color bars, graphics, page layout, etc. The page appearance changes, but not the text itself.

I've set the text to black using my browser settings, and that works on all pages but BCF.

How can I change the BCF text to black instead of grey? Can we add an "old guy's eyes" setting?

Thanks.
Tom M.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Interesting. My text is black. I'm using "Default Modified" style.

Have you tried the "Settings" tab on the top of the page; "General Settings"; then scroll down to "Formatting Options", where you can choose font color - make sure black is selected.

Otherwise, don't know what's going on with yours.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Mickey - just tried that. The font color was "default", so I changed to BLACK.

Clicked Save.

Nothing changed.

Text in all the pages is still light grey.

This seems to have popped up recently. My Chrome browser font override to black used to work on BCF, but now doesn't. Still works on other sites, just not BCF.

Got to get my white-tipped cane ready ...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Strange. Have I said that I hate computers? "Intuitive" my hind-end!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Sounds like a display issue on your end Tom. When I view BCF on any computer, iPad, MAC, PC, it looks normal. What sort of resolution does your monitor have?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Mickey - just tried that. The font color was "default", so I changed to BLACK.

Clicked Save.

Nothing changed.

Text in all the pages is still light grey.

This seems to have popped up recently. My Chrome browser font override to black used to work on BCF, but now doesn't. Still works on other sites, just not BCF.

Got to get my white-tipped cane ready ...

Have you tried a different browser? Also, if you have not done so, you might try reinstalling your browser.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks for the ideas. Screen res set to 1440x900, which I've used on this computer for over two years.

Same issue using Chrome (Win10) and Edge browsers.

My BCF settings are Font: Forum Default; Size: Forum Default; Color: Black.

Before today, I had used Color: Forum Default. Changed to Black on Mickey's suggestion.

I also tried using Font Arial Black, but no difference.

Weird!