• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Social Security eligible

Lou Metelko

Jedi Trainee
At dinner tonight I told my wife that our TR2 will have its 62nd birthday tomorrow. She casually said that the 2 should be eligible for social security benifits at that age. Why didn't I think of that!

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2 DOB March 24, 1954

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I'd wait until it's 65 1/2. You'll get consider more unless Congress changes it's eligibility. But if it's an illegal alien then it's not eligible for any SS unless you know who gets in!

2long

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Lou! Hope your amazing ice blue 2 is doing well! I will never forget how generous you were to let me take your car cruising though Auburn, Indiana for the 50th anniversary meet (TS 1 unveiling too). That was a once in a lifetime treat. Happy Anniversary! Delay cashing out the SS benefits though, as they grow larger over time!

Aloha

Dan Morris

Country flag
Depends on your situation, I took mine at 62. I will have to live to 82 before I would lose any money. Might not be any SS money by that time.

Marv

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
It is kind of like naming your pets, if the TR3's name wasn't "Blueies" maybe we could have gotten her on a medicare plan.