• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New NJ member

dohc281

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have had a 1967 MGB for the last two years, it was bought because my '73 B that i drove in the '70's was my favorite daily driver that I ever owned. Right now I am replacing gaskets and the clutch in the car but want to have it running by the end of April.

OP
dohc281

dohc281

Freshman Member
Country flag
Here you go, the car is presently getting the engine and trans refreshed so it wont leak oil, a new clutch and with in the next week or two i hope to be putting it back together.

MG.jpg

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Very nice! I love the look of those original wheels and the simple, elegant hub caps too.

"No oil leaks" is a nice goal, but try to be satisfied with merely reducing the leaks. It's too easy to spend far too much time and $$$$ chasing oil leaks. Better to drive the car than have it continually apart trying to prevent any leakage. I spent $XX,XXX and a couple of years trying to get my 100M to stop leaking. I finally decided that I'd like to actually drive the car sometime before I expire. I now have another Healey in my garage (the one in my signature photo), and it has three drip pans all lined up under it to catch most of what it leaks. I have learned not to worry about it.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
You may refresh all you want, but, understand a 49 yr. old car will leak. Not as much when refreshened and you have used the latest gasket technology available. You don't want to seal it too perfect as the engine won't breath. Make sure the block venting system is kept clean.

GMC Guy

Freshman Member
Welcome! I am new here as well. I have a 68 MGB. Not as nice as yours. It has not seen road in over 10 years according to guy I got it from. What area of NJ you from?