• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

PSA [Dual meaning here]

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
As in "Public Service Announcement" and "Prostate Specific Antigen". Tomorrow (Monday) morning I'm having my prostate removed. After a slow rise over time of my PSA, the last biopsy found a couple of low-grade spots of cancer. Surprisingly, I'm not as concerned as I thought I'd be; just really ticked-off. Overnight stay at the hospital, barring any complications. Have to endure a catheter for a week or so, but otherwise the normal issues with "minimally invasive" surgery. This one will be robotic-assisted; pretty cool technology, actually.

Anyway, the Public Service Announcement part: Guys - take this stuff seriously. Thankfully mine was found in its early stage, and hopefully it'll be dealt and over with after this.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Speedy recovery Mickey! Glad you caught it early.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Mickey - best wishes to you! I went through the same thing back in 2011, so let me know if you have any "personal" questions.

It was regular PSA testing that caught my cancer in time.

Tom M.

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Will thinking about you. Went the same route 7 years ago. Lois had a harder time with this than I had. As far a side effects I amy about 75% back to normal. Not bad compared to a couple of friends that I talked to.

Don

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
In our prayers Mickey - and yeah - time to get tested!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks, Guys. I'm overall very positive about it. Just want it done, already!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sure glad to hear you caught it early.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully this will soon be "behind" you.

Well, if so, the surgeon really will have messed up!

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
glad they caught it early Mickey, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Have to do my colon cancer check and psa the week after next

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks again, everyone. Getting ready to head to the hospital.

Aren't enemas (enemae?) fun? :eeek:

Later.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Went pretty well - very little pain. May go home later today; have to run some laps around the nurses' station first. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Mickey

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Make sure your catheter is working and draining correctly. I was unaware that it got clogged up by a clot and I underwent 36 hours of agony before I went back into the ER to have it removed and reset. I thought that was natural. The hospital never warned me. Good luck and I hope your plumbing is restored after the cath comes out. Don't panic like I did if you have some trouble or see blood. It will all clear up in due time.

donbmw

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Glade everything went will.

Don

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Mark the spot with a magic marker, like they do for legs, arms and kidneys! šŸ˜ Good luck!