• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Quickjack

1974MGMidget

Rut, I was very interested in that unit. It looked pretty nice if you don't have room for a lift. But, I think there is one small problem. With the support brackets lowered and pushed between the tires on each side, I think the brackets are too long to lift between the tires! Let me know if you look into it and find that they do work.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Last fall at British Car Day, a fellow was using this one: https://ezcarlift.com/ I chatted with him and he LOVED it! He had his new Mini in the air on the show lawn and stored the whole thing in the car (I don't think he needed any on the roof) it was a pretty cool piece of kit and broke down easily and completely - the only that that prevents me following it up more is that it costs almost as much as an actual hoist - this in spite of the fact that an actual hoist won't fit in the garage while this would. :smile:

1974MGMidget

Another great idea, but, wow, very expensive. And, not even hydraulic - its powered by a drill. But, that may not be all bad. Problem is that the support is 60" long, which is very close to the distance between the tires near the sill. However, if you go to the gallery, they do have a Midget on one. And, they fixed the problem by rotating the lift by 90 degrees. I never thought of that and that would allow you to use the Quickjack, for about half the price. You do have to use blocks to keep from smashing your exhaust pipe, but the Quickjack comes with rubber blocks. Very interesting...

1974MGMidget

Check this out - a Midget on a Quickjack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYjpAbpu5I
Not sure how a 61" frame fits between the tires, but guess it has something to do with the triangulation as it rises. The small one, BL-3500 is on limited time special for $895 with free shipping. The limit is as long as they are in stock, as they are coming out with a new model with a couple more bells and whistles, and it will be $1125. Looks to be great for those of us that do not have room for a real lift.

OP
Rut

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Thanks for your input guys! I'm still undecided since the lift is really no greater than my floor Jack and Jack stands...much easier decision if it was cheaper!
Rut

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
One more option: the KwikLift:

www.kwik-lift.com

Got mine from Tony Barnhill's estate. Takes a bit of room, but I like it.