Thread: Quickjack

Discuss the Austin Healey Sprite and the MG Midget. Two different but similar cars sometimes referred to collectively as the Spridget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quickjack

Has anyone used one of these?
    Rut
    https://www.quickjack.com/shop-quick...e-package.html
    Rut, '60 Bugeye, '70 MGB, '62 TR4, '66 TR4a IRS, '67 TR4a IRS, '68 TR4a IRS, '72 TR6

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Quickjack

Rut, I was very interested in that unit. It looked pretty nice if you don't have room for a lift. But, I think there is one small problem. With the support brackets lowered and pushed between the tires on each side, I think the brackets are too long to lift between the tires! Let me know if you look into it and find that they do work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Last fall at British Car Day, a fellow was using this one: https://ezcarlift.com/ I chatted with him and he LOVED it! He had his new Mini in the air on the show lawn and stored the whole thing in the car (I don't think he needed any on the roof) it was a pretty cool piece of kit and broke down easily and completely - the only that that prevents me following it up more is that it costs almost as much as an actual hoist - this in spite of the fact that an actual hoist won't fit in the garage while this would.
    John-Peter Smit
    1976 MG Midget
    1969 Vauxhall Viva GT
    1958 Fiat Multipla (Barn art)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another great idea, but, wow, very expensive. And, not even hydraulic - its powered by a drill. But, that may not be all bad. Problem is that the support is 60" long, which is very close to the distance between the tires near the sill. However, if you go to the gallery, they do have a Midget on one. And, they fixed the problem by rotating the lift by 90 degrees. I never thought of that and that would allow you to use the Quickjack, for about half the price. You do have to use blocks to keep from smashing your exhaust pipe, but the Quickjack comes with rubber blocks. Very interesting...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Check this out - a Midget on a Quickjack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYjpAbpu5I
    Not sure how a 61" frame fits between the tires, but guess it has something to do with the triangulation as it rises. The small one, BL-3500 is on limited time special for $895 with free shipping. The limit is as long as they are in stock, as they are coming out with a new model with a couple more bells and whistles, and it will be $1125. Looks to be great for those of us that do not have room for a real lift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Very, very nice.
    Doug L.
    '64 Morris Mini Cooper-S 1275
    '67 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks for your input guys! I'm still undecided since the lift is really no greater than my floor Jack and Jack stands...much easier decision if it was cheaper!
    Rut
    Rut, '60 Bugeye, '70 MGB, '62 TR4, '66 TR4a IRS, '67 TR4a IRS, '68 TR4a IRS, '72 TR6

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

One more option: the KwikLift:

www.kwik-lift.com

Got mine from Tony Barnhill's estate. Takes a bit of room, but I like it.
    "There are three kinds of men. One who learns by readin'. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on that electric fence for themselves." Will Rogers
    Mickey Richaud - '73 MGB, '69 MGB GT/V6 (both SOLD! ); Victor TF 1800; '03 Jaguar XK8
    ------------------------------------------------------------