• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Geico commercial

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
This geico commercial has me 90% ready to change over.

(a TR3 would have sealed the deal)
image.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QlyMz9eyIFs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
It's a cute one. I like the car alarm at the end.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Is it just me, or does the car change from an MGA in the beginning (the close up shots) to a TR at the end when he pulls up to the curb?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
US Bank has a commercial with a Bugeye -
although I didn't get weather or not the guy
wanted to buy it.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Is it just me, or does the car change from an MGA in the beginning (the close up shots) to a TR at the end when he pulls up to the curb?

Not just you! First shot shows the MGA interior. But only LBC folk would ever notice it!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Yeah, they seem to have grafted an MGA and a TR3. Got a kick outta the radio blank in the opening shot.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Not just you! First shot shows the MGA interior. But only LBC folk would ever notice it!

Wondered about this too... decided it was a composite car, but then wondered where they got it? Maybe the ad agency made it.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Hmmm.. he originally had a miniature XK120. I also noticed the new ad. All the close-ups are definitely an MGA. both the cockpit and the close-up of him driving, then it becomes that Bugeye-TR3-MGA composite thing when they pan out. II pointed it out to my family, and they didn't much care)They did a similar thing for the ad with him on the toy boat. the close-ups of him sailing are shots of a real sailboat helm, then they back out to the toy boat.