• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General Tech This has me concerned!

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
I gradually collect gages that turn up and are good deals. I pick up random temp/oil/and ammeters for the $25-$50 range. The one gage that is very difficult to find is the fuel gage. This one showed up on ebay, and although it started a bit high...it went astronomical!! I guess fuel gages have reached celebrity status.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151953638600?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Studying the pics, although it appears decent enough to use as is (assuming it works for this price), I would still paint the needle and replace the bezel. Unbelievable price!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Domed lens perhaps part of the issue?

Country flag
If I could sell all my guages for prices like that I could buy a finished car. Guess I need to pull a few on them out and polish up.
Marv

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Seems extreme for a fuel gauge. Last year I picked up a nice cap tube temp gauge for 26 bucks just because it was listed incorrectly. Tidied it up a bit and sold it to a fellow in Italy for $165. He then listed it and it sold in Europe for $300. Presumably everyone was happy with what they got. Ah, the power of eBay.

tedwone

Country flag
After looking at the Ebay listing, I noticed that two of the bidders are relatively new to Ebay. When I first joined Ebay, my son warned me about bidding frenzy. He told me that sometimes you get so wrapped up in winning that you don't care about how much you are spending. You just don't want the other guy to win the bid. I hope that is the case here. I know that the fuel gauge prices are high, but I hope I never have to pay that much for one.

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
How many different Jagger fuel gauges are there ? I have one kicking around that I THINK came off an Alpine. Let it go for $20 + shipping if anyone can use it. (Sorry about the thread theft)! Bob C

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
...fuel gage. This one showed up on ebay, and although it started a bit high...it went astronomical!! I guess fuel gages have reached celebrity status.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151953638600?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Studying the pics, although it appears decent enough to use as is (assuming it works for this price), I would still paint the needle and replace the bezel. Unbelievable price!
Wow! I guess it's time to go through my barn again and see what turns up! :D

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Yeah Andy, I need to book my tee time at Pebble Beach with the full set of convex lenses off a TR3 on the shelf. I should be able to take you at those prices. LOL

Wayne

OP
CJD

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
This gage was a definite anomaly! They are still selling in the $50-$100 range, thank goodness!