• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

100S Drivers Handbook

TodE

Jedi Hopeful
I was just thinking! Did the "S" have a drivers handbook? I have never seen one or ever heard of one, but since they are far from the original 100. I think I just answered my own question, the "M" did not have one!
Could you guess what they would be worth today. Esp. if you ask $65,000.00 for a grill! (Was on Ebay)

I guess if that's all you needed to complete your S you would pay $100,000.00

Last edited by a moderator:

drambuie

Jedi Warrior
Re: S Drivers Handbook

I wonder what the insurance company values the grill at? Try to convince your friendly insurance writer on that price! LOL

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
There was a 100S handbook of sorts. It was (is) seven-pages of A3-size paper, typed and mimeographed and listing essential information. It describes the equipment with sections such as ENGINE, GEARBOX, BRAKES, etc., etc. and continues with fluid capacities and such. It includes a chart of the speeds in the various gears at various engine RPM. It describes the instruments and switch functions, and concludes with a section titled "OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS," the last sentence of which is "Do not overstrain the banjo bolts and always use good washers."

My copy is available for $100,000. Photocopies gladly provided for half that. :encouragement: Or the best deal might be if I ever find seven available pages in HEALEY MARQUE magazine, I'll just publish it there and completely undercut the market.

Lambdaman

Yes saw that 100S grille on eBay last week as well, no surprises it went unsold. Made me pull out the original Tonneau cover I have from 100S AHS 3905 , I need to start looking after it!
image.jpg

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
So Lamdaman, there must be a story as to how you still have this part of the ex-Sam Miller 100S!
Cheers,
Alwyn

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
there is a booklet printed for the S regarding the "DUNLOP DISC BRAKE", maintenance notes, AUSTIN - HEALEY 100S, just check it out in the Emerson healey book p 119. and there is also an additional version with a black cover which I believe was presented to the original owners when they purchased their S.:driving:

Scruffy Driver

Freshman Member
There was a 100S handbook but it wasn't really a book rather seven typed pages of specifications, instruments, controls and operating instructions. I have an original copy dated February 1955.

There was also a colour fold out sales brochure which was later reprinted and can be seen regularly on EBay.

cheers
Paul

Speedsports

Freshman Member
Country flag
I was just thinking! Did the "S" have a drivers handbook? I have never seen one or ever heard of one, but since they are far from the original 100. I think I just answered my own question, the "M" did not have one!
Could you guess what they would be worth today. Esp. if you ask $65,000.00 for a grill! (Was on Ebay)

I guess if that's all you needed to complete your S you would pay $100,000.00
The 100S actually was issued with a handbook when new but it was unlike what was issued to production cars.