• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moving into New Grage

vixen-mk2

Most of you guys in the US have plenty of Space for Cars however here in the UK its a little harder to find.
We have a Double Garage and we rent another single one and our next door neigbour allowed me to use her rear garage as she no longer needed this when she stopped driving.
However 12 months ago she passed away suddenly and i thought we i will have to look for a new Garage
However she had left instruction that i could buy the garage and strip of land that connects to our Property for a small amount which was a really nice gesture we had been neigbours for 18 years and she would watch for me to come home and the phone would ring is Andrew there ? can he pop round and fix something but she was a real lover of cars and loved my Noisy Cars as she called them.

However we completed on the purchase in September and the agreement was the work would be completed within three months which we have done

Yesterday was a bit like the first day back at Boarding school after the summer break and moving up a year and Moving Dorm and settling into a new room and putting your things in place and pictures etc on the wall.
Thats the great thing about life you really dont have to grow up if you dont want to felt like i was 15 again.
Lots more to do and fit from shelfing on the higher wall for storage boxes and the tool workstation to fit out but i can start to see it coming together.

Garage finished 040.jpgGarage finished 041.jpgGarage finished 030.jpgGarage finished 027.jpgGarage finished 033.jpg

SquashedCat

Freshman Member
Very nice space, and even nicer what is in the space. I could not help noticing your dashboard setup in your 3000S. I have done many similar things to brighten up the interior in my car as well, chrome gauge bezels, moto lita steering wheel, more ergonomic gear shift knob. I am seriously contemplating upgrading my dashboard to a wood veneered unit similar to the option offered by TVR on the car as an upgrade. Anyone in the UK make a LHD wood dashboard for a 3000S or have an original pattern without having to ship my current unit to use as pattern? My dash is the exactly the same as yours only it is for a LHD unit.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
In my opinion, the wood dash will cheapen the car. These were not meant to be vintage looking and TVR stopped non covered wood dashes in the early 70s on classics.

OP
V

vixen-mk2

Very nice space, and even nicer what is in the space. I could not help noticing your dashboard setup in your 3000S. I have done many similar things to brighten up the interior in my car as well, chrome gauge bezels, moto lita steering wheel, more ergonomic gear shift knob. I am seriously contemplating upgrading my dashboard to a wood veneered unit similar to the option offered by TVR on the car as an upgrade. Anyone in the UK make a LHD wood dashboard for a 3000S or have an original pattern without having to ship my current unit to use as pattern? My dash is the exactly the same as yours only it is for a LHD unit.

78 EARLY 3000S MK2 70 Vixen 69 Tuscan V8 SE originally a V6 John regards the Dashboard i would avoid for what its worth i know of one car that was sold here and is being finished off that car had a wooden dash made for it and the new owner is not fitting as he wants the car OE the car i think looks better done with a leather padded Dash although they where originally vinyl will look forward to seeing what you do
Andrew

SquashedCat

Freshman Member
Hi Andrew, I am not so concerned about changing the car from OE, but, I am concerned about having the ability to restore the car relatively easily back to OE. The current dash is wood, albeit covered in either vinyl or leather. So keeping the original OE unit in storage, and replacing it with a wood veneered unit is a real option. Other than the TLC and man hours to switch the two, or to switch it back is the only real issue other than the additional cost of cosmetic change. There is a company here in the US that makes a plywood veneered unit for about 275 pounds depending which type of veneer. If it is real exotic, slightly more. The only issue is not having actually seen one of their units, I have no idea as to the quality of the units. And that would be my biggest concern. If it looks cheap, it is cheap, no matter what you paid for it. So, I have to do further investigation about their products before I decide. But, I appreciate the input and advice, pragmatic and sound.

https://stores.ebay.com/CG-Autowood/TVR-DASH-WOOD-ACCESSORIES-/_i.html?_ipg=48&_fsub=394135119