• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1965 Humber Super Snipe Series Va

flyingfid

Freshman Member
Hi All,

My first post in a very long time (I also own a 1969 TR6), but wanted to touch base with other Humber owners on here.

I just bought a Super Snipe last spring and I am slowly recommissioning it for the road. The car is in great shape having been partially restored before it was stored in a barn 12 years ago.

So far I have rebuilt the head, brake calipers/discs/drums, rebuilt Girling brake booster (it had an aftermarket Lockheed booster on it), new brake pipes, rebuilt brake cylinder, petrol tank reconditioned and lined, carbs rebuilt, intake manifold cleaned, fuel pump rebuilt, new suspension bushings (where available) and wheel bearings front and rear.

The car only has 49,000km on the clock and I believe that to be correct.

The interior is very good, but had rodents living inside and some of the window rubbers leaked, so some mildew smell etc. I'm slowly feeding the leather and bringing it back. I will eventually replace the carpets, but for now I'll just shampoo them. The wood parts are OK, just some cracking in the lacquer. I'll have them redone professionally when I have the funds.

If there's anyone else on these forums who has a Humber or knowledge of them, I'd love to contact you to discuss, source parts, swap parts etc.

Sorry no photos, I can't link easily to photobucket on my iPhone. Will post some later if I get the chance.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! and you must be close - I am in Etobicoke. congrats on the Humber! Did you buy it from the fellow in Baden?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Welcome to BCF!

A good parts and info supplier is Kip Motors in Texas.

https://www.kipmotor.com/index.htm

Be sure to contact the British Saloon Car Club, where you'll find fellow Humber owners:

https://www.bsccoc.ca/

I sent all my Series 3 manuals to them last winter, but still have an old Rootes Parts List book, and the Rosewarn Automatic Transmission handbook if you need any info. Here are some photos of the 1962 SS I *almost* got - beautiful car:

https://s224.photobucket.com/user/freemangarden/slideshow/1962 Humber Super Snipe?sort=4

Photo attached.

Congratulations! and please post some photos when you get a chance.

Tom M.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
So... What happened Tom? I thought you had actually purchased that Super Snipe...

Flyingfid... The British Saloon Car Club of Canada is an excellent resource, they have an active Facebook page if you're into that kind of thing (easy to find)... Of course folks on here count too... :excitement:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So... What happened Tom? I thought you had actually purchased that Super Snipe...

Flyingfid... The British Saloon Car Club of Canada is an excellent resource, they have an active Facebook page if you're into that kind of thing (easy to find)... Of course folks on here count too... :excitement:

Answering on Tom's behalf, some health issues prevented the completion of the sale - it is still for sale here and all is as was.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Answering on Tom's behalf, some health issues prevented the completion of the sale - it is still for sale here and all is as was.

Gotcha... Well I'm not in the market to buy a Humber... :wink-new: