• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Pressure differential warning assembly PDWA valve

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
All the brake fluid has leaked out of the large reservoir on the back side of the master cylinder. It came out of the top of the brass PDWA switch. I can't see that TRF sells a repair kit but Moss has two styles. It looks like mine has the lip seals so I'll have to convert to the O-ring style kit. Two questions

Can I get the correct lip style seals, and who has them?

Do I need to get a new switch because it leaked out through the top of it, should the switch also have a seal in it? My thinking is that the switch is fine and was never designed to hold back fluid, that's the lip seals, or O-rings job.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
AFAIK the lip type seals have been NLA for a long time. There was a nice article on how to make a replacement shuttle to take common O-rings, but I think the author asked to have it taken down due to potential liability.

The switch doesn't seal. As long as it still works electrically, no need to replace it.

OP
M

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thank you Randall, the switch still works fine. The kit Moss sells includes a new shuttle for the O-rings.

dklawson

Yoda
I believe the article Randall mentioned is on the Buckeye Triumph web site. Take a look at the two links below.

https://web.archive.org/web/2003050...yetriumphs.org/technical/Brakes/MCPDWA/MC.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/2003050...yetriumphs.org/technical/Brakes/PDWA/PDWA.htm

If you cannot get the o-rings from a local supplier, you can order them from McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com). Just make sure you order EPDM, not Buna or Viton.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if you do start having trouble with the PDWA switch, one for a '67-'69 Ford Mustang is the common replacement (Ford # C8AZ-2B264-A). See the related thread linked below.
https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf...-TR6-pressure-switch-(pdwa)-rebuild-kit/page2

OP
M

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks Doug interesting articles, I'll check McMaster

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
angelfj1 TR5/TR250 TR-250 Brake Differential Pressure Valve/Switch Triumph 3
R oil pressure Spridgets 2
RickPA Overdrive Oil Pressure Austin Healey 8
J MGB Tire pressure for 1980 MGB MG 14
J MGB Oil Pressure Gauge Gives Constant Reading -- Doesn't Seem Right MG 15
G High Oil Pressure Austin Healey 2
K TR2/3/3A Rear tire pressure when there is an anti roll bar at the front of the car? Triumph 1
sim oil pressure gage bad or engine needs rebuild It starts our cold at 60 psi but when warm it down to 10 psi Spridgets 21
M Overdrive Pressure Test Austin Healey 2
PAUL161 T-Series MGA pressure plate verses MGTF pressure plate? MG 6
AUSMHLY BJ8 Clutch Pressure Plate, Old vs New Austin Healey 4
RJS General TR Oil Pressure Gauge - Test Triumph 11
RJS TR4/4A R&R Oil Pressure Gauge Triumph 7
A MGB Oil pressure MG 9
AUSMHLY BJ8 Clutch Pressure Plate Brand Preferences Austin Healey 3
K TR2/3/3A Oil pressure readings Triumph 10
6 E-Type brake light pressure switch location Jaguar 5
J Oil Pressure Relief Valve Austin Healey 3
L Oil Pressure Gauge Austin Healey 5
LAW75 Oil Pressure Austin Healey 4
D TR2/3/3A oil pressure line venting? Triumph 4
S TR2/3/3A pressure relief understanding Triumph 9
AUSMHLY BJ8 Overdrive Pressure Loss Austin Healey 11
AUSMHLY BJ8 Overdrive Oil Pressure Austin Healey 14
M 1973 TR6 oil and filter changed - oil shooting out from high pressure valve? Triumph 15
K TR2/3/3A TR6 Gearbox in a TR3.....Use a TR6 clutch disc and pressure plate or Triumph 7
R Bugeye oil pressure line Spridgets 9
K TR2/3/3A Oil pressure readings Triumph 3
K TR2/3/3A Oil pressure at Hot idle? Triumph 3
S TR6 Oil Pressure Light Triumph 2
BobHaskell SU Fuel Pump Pressure Austin Healey 1
Hamish Racing TR2/3/3A Low oil pressure warning Triumph 0
K TR2/3/3A Tire pressure and ride comfort? Triumph 9
Kurtis No oil pressure Spridgets 5
D TR6 Disconnecting pipe from engine block to oil pressure gauge Triumph 6
V Braking Oil Pressure Austin Healey 16
N Suspected disaster - but it went well. Oil pressure restored. Austin Healey 1
K TR2/3/3A Optimum Tire pressure for a TR3 daily driver? Triumph 5
B TR2/3/3A Bubbling in brake reservoir. No pressure in lines Triumph 5
S TR2/3/3A Oil pressure gauge removal Triumph 11
SherpaPilot TR6 Brake Pressure Problem Triumph 8
B For Sale Triumph Tr3 Fuel gauge Temp gauge Oil pressure gauge, speedometer tachometer Triumph Classifieds 0
HighAltitudeTR3 TR2/3/3A Oil? Oil Pressure? Triumph 8
JFS TR6 No oil pressure Triumph 2
Jim_Gruber Help and Advice needed for post pressure washing debacle Spridgets 10
Simmo TR2/3/3A High Oil pressure Triumph 11
D TR5/TR250 High oil pressure Triumph 5
Paulus TR4/4A Coolant pressure Triumph 5
madhouse Tire pressure monitoring system [TPMS] for Healey? Austin Healey 0
T TR6 Low Oil Pressure Light Triumph 3