• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

East Coast Flooding...what are you seeing?

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Myrtle Beach, SC
RAIN! Beach front flooding. The two roads that cross Murrells Inlet were under water at high tide yesterday.
Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink.

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior
Rain has quit here in the mountains, for a while. Another wet year here again.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Here in Maryland, 25 miles north of DC and about 30 miles west of Baltimore...not much. It rained all day Friday, but we never received any of the heavy rain bands. Considering that we were looking at an Armageddon-like forecast earlier in the week, with the nor'easter dumping large quantities of rain and Joaquin making a direct hit on the D.C. area, this is just cold, rainy and nasty.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
" ... this is just cold, rainy and nasty."

That sure sums it up here in northeast Connecticut. Altho' we're still about six inches shy of our average annual rainfall, we got about five inches of rain over the past 24 hours.

I'll be giving tours of our Sturbridge orchards this weekend. Or at least to folks who brave the cold and rain.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
As of 9:30 AM
attachment.php

Luckily we only got 2+ yesterday, so the ponds got a chance to empty out from Thursdays heavy rains.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Were worried about our friends in New Jersey, who had tremendous water damage when Sandy went through. Now the high tides threaten them again. Our prayers go out to them and others in the same situation. PJ

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Roads flooding in Norfolk VA area... Tomorrow is going to be interesting, flooding wise... Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day around here.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Been raining here seems like forever! But we've needed it, so can't really complain. And it's supposed to be moving out of here today; the upcoming few days look pretty good.

Didn't stop the British V8 crowd from the annual gathering this weekend. Some intrepid souls invaded a few days ago and we had a great time visiting and made a couple of short drives. Good to see everyone, and looking forward to next May's gathering here.

Couple of pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0788.jpg
    PICT0788.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 78
  • PICT0789.jpg
    PICT0789.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 83

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We've had a fair amount of rain here too (raining right now in fact), but we have need the moisture also so can't complain.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
One sister is a nurse in a Myrtle Beach hospital, they so far, have had 15 inches of rain! PJ

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You need one of these Don. You'd be the envy of the neighborhood.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 93

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We were in Suffolk,VA on Saturday.Some of the docks
along the Chesapeake were under water,but all of the roads that
we drove were passible.
We flew out Saturday,& were getting nervous - but when
we left,it was sunny.On Sunday,in SF,it was warm & sunny.

- Doug

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This is hateful. The Beach is bein' smashed. DON!! Are you impacted?!?

OP
bgbassplyr

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
We live in Socastee, a small community surrounded by Myrtle Beach; 17.8 " here for this event. No problems though.

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
My wife and I have spent the last two days trying to help local flood victims here in Columbia SC:
has reminded me how lucky we are:

this massive apt. complex (700-800 units in five different wings) we are working at, is a total loss. The water level covered the entire first floor.
fEMA will not let these folks remove anything that was submerged. Due to the threat of disease. Including all the cars in the parking lot.( though they are being picked up now). FEMA has already condemned the property. Everybody who lived here, must be out by tomorrow. But at least there is a small army of volunteers to help.

this event also reminds me, I'm to old to be lifting refrigerators, etc.!

Hope the Feds & state come thru for these folks.
so far fema is all over it.

Most of these cars were submerged and have been abandoned by there owners.

i did like the Kids T-shirts though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 25
Country flag
We bought our Minor Traveller from a guy in Columbia, SC last July. So sad to hear about what has happened there.