• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MKII Sprite Illustrations

David Townsend

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Doing some research on the MKII I came across a photo of a very pink Sprite. At first I thought it was someone's repaint of dubious taste but soon found that AH did, indeed, offer "Deep Pink" as a color choice. Well, I just couldn't let that pass by without seeing what it might look like as an illustration. Once I got going, I decided to dress it up a bit with some spline drive Mini-Lites, a Raydyot mirror and wood rimmed steering wheel. I also took the occasion to pen in Austin Healey's factory only version of the hardtop. Once you get past all of the pink inferences—Pepto Bismol, bubble gum and the like—I actually kind of like it. What do you think?

Second image is actually a customer's car, also very nice but not very pink.

If "Deep Pink" isn't your thing, the MKII illustration is available in your choice of factory exterior and interior colors with a variety of both factory and period accessories so you can customize your print. More information and order form is here.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• AH-Sprite-MKII.jpg
    AH-Sprite-MKII.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 147
  • AH-Sprite-MKII-2.jpg
    AH-Sprite-MKII-2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 143

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hy David,
I have my copy of the Bugeye with the red hood framed. I put it on an easel last Saturday and Sunday at two different car shows. I won a trophy at both shows.
The drawing seems to help draw people over to the car where they then have a lot of questions about the car and the drawing. I consider it my new secret weapon.

OP
David Townsend

David Townsend

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hy David,
I have my copy of the Bugeye with the red hood framed. I put it on an easel last Saturday and Sunday at two different car shows. I won a trophy at both shows.
The drawing seems to help draw people over to the car where they then have a lot of questions about the car and the drawing. I consider it my new secret weapon.

The red hood really sets the car off. Great idea on displaying the illustration along with your car. Next show, I'd love it if you could take a picture and send it to me.

DCTownsend

Linda

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi David,
A friend on the Spridget list serve spridgets@autox.team.net sent me this link in September and I finally got to the mail (an account I only use for my Spridget). I have a 62 factory deep pink Sprite and an AH Warwick hardtop as in your illustration. Now I know my hard top needs to be bright white as the contrast is striking. I'll also order a print on your site. You are an amazing artist and I admire your work. How long did this one take and did you do it digitally or by hand then scanned in?
Linda

62 Deep Pink Sprite

Doing some research on the MKII I came across a photo of a very pink Sprite. At first I thought it was someone's repaint of dubious taste but soon found that AH did, indeed, offer "Deep Pink" as a color choice. Well, I just couldn't let that pass by without seeing what it might look like as an illustration. Once I got going, I decided to dress it up a bit with some spline drive Mini-Lites, a Raydyot mirror and wood rimmed steering wheel. I also took the occasion to pen in Austin Healey's factory only version of the hardtop. Once you get past all of the pink inferences—Pepto Bismol, bubble gum and the like—I actually kind of like it. What do you think?

If "Deep Pink" isn't your thing, the MKII illustration is available in your choice of factory exterior and interior colors with a variety of both factory and period accessories so you can customize your print. More information and order form is here.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Linda

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi David,
A friend on the Spridget list serve spridgets@autox.team.net sent me this link in September and I finally got to the mail (an account I only use for my Spridget). I have a 62 factory deep pink Sprite and an AH Warwick hardtop as in your illustration. Now I know my hard top needs to be bright white as the contrast is striking. I'll also order a print on your site. You are an amazing artist and I admire your work. How long did this one take and did you do it digitally or by hand then scanned in?
Linda

62 Deep Pink Sprite

attachment.php
attachment.php