• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dream come true

JC_T_ONE

Hi all :D long time since my last visit inhere.

Thought id share this story, as it is something most people, with a classic car would like to do.

Ever since I bought the car in 1999/00, and after it was restored in 2007, it had been no 1 on my "to do list" to reunite my cars 1st owner with the car.

Tuesday,s classic car event by Toldboden in Copenhagen harbour was to become a very special one for me.
The no 1 dream of mine for many years came true.

Suddenly my cars first owner Erik Brandt stood there looking at her, with He´s new Lady friend, and their dog.
He was very pleased to see it again, and soon started telling some really funny stories & anecdotes about its life in the "fast lane" with all the posh people they knew.

He also told stories about the famues popstars they knew, and that it was after He saw one of their Wood & Pickett Mini,s that He wanted one too, to match the Bentley.

He visited the W&P premisis atleast one time, during the nearly 6 months it took them to build the car (this was W&P,s best year) so there was a long cue of clients waiting for their cars to be finished.
This was when the Brandt couple had shop,s and a flat in London, so Abbey Road was close by.
Later on the car was taken back to Denmark, to enter a posh life in the high society circles, with chauffeur in White uniform & all.

Later that evening I called Steve B (coachbuilt registrar in GB) to tell him the story, and he said that this is the first time, a coachbuilt Mini has been reunited with its original owner.
That is all coachbuilt Mini,s included = both Hoopers - Radfords and WP,s .

Jens Christian

Edit =
https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?50105-Wood-amp-Pickett-JANSPEED-TURBO&highlight=wood+pickett

Attachments

• 100_4895.JPG
    100_4895.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: