• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just to say hello! Healey 1963 3000 restoration - from A110.

Lleroy

Freshman Member
Hello to everybody. I'm fairly new at collecting classics. I've owned a Jaguar and MG in the past. Now I'm in the process of restoring an Austin Healey 1963 3000 and thought this would be a great place to discuss and get advice during the process. I don't know much so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I have bought a 1963 Austin Healey 3000 2+2 seater frame and body. That's all, no other parts, all other parts were stripped for another Healey by the seller. It's very difficult to source most parts here in South Africa, especially when working with a budget. I was told that I can buy a 1965 Austin Westminster A110 and use its chassis, engine and gearbox for the parts are exactly the same as the Healey 1963 3000. So my question is: Can I use the Austin Westminster A110 engine, gearbox and chassis to build the Healey? Will the frame and body fit on the A110 chassis.? Thanks for your time and help. Kind Regards Lleroy

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the forum, Leroy! We have a very active and knowledgeable Healey group here! Check out our Austin Healey forum!

Country flag
Welcome to the forum, and good luck!!