Thread: Just to say hello! Healey 1963 3000 restoration - from A110.

Hey New Members! This New Member Introduction Forum is where you can post an introduction message to introduce yourself to the group here!

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to say hello! Healey 1963 3000 restoration - from A110.

Hello to everybody. I'm fairly new at collecting classics. I've owned a Jaguar and MG in the past. Now I'm in the process of restoring an Austin Healey 1963 3000 and thought this would be a great place to discuss and get advice during the process. I don't know much so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I have bought a 1963 Austin Healey 3000 2+2 seater frame and body. That's all, no other parts, all other parts were stripped for another Healey by the seller. It's very difficult to source most parts here in South Africa, especially when working with a budget. I was told that I can buy a 1965 Austin Westminster A110 and use its chassis, engine and gearbox for the parts are exactly the same as the Healey 1963 3000. So my question is: Can I use the Austin Westminster A110 engine, gearbox and chassis to build the Healey? Will the frame and body fit on the A110 chassis.? Thanks for your time and help. Kind Regards Lleroy

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Re: Just to say hello! Healey 1963 3000 restoration - from A110.

Welcome to the forum, Leroy! We have a very active and knowledgeable Healey group here! Check out our Austin Healey forum!
    “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Oscar Wilde

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Just to say hello! Healey 1963 3000 restoration - from A110.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck!!
    Never tease an old dog, he might have one bite left.
    Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever.
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.