• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

David Sweat shot and captured

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I suspect most are aware of the two convicts who escaped from the pen in New York. One of the two (Richard Matts) was killed the other day. I just heard that David Sweat, the one surviving inmate has been shot and captured. They hauled him away in an ambulance to treat gun shot wounds, but at least for now it sounds like he's still alive.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I figured some sort of movie/documentary for sure. I haven't followed it too much, but I'm still curious about the actual escape process that took them from behind their cell to some street sewer system.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm surprised.

Me too: when the alleged: tired ,hungry Sweat could still out run the arresting officer.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Good news for all those folks in upstate NY.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Glad it's over.
Figured that neither would be taken alive as they would surely spend the rest of their days in some sort of super-max solitary.

D

Deleted member 8987

No...the worst of the worst was the female guard who enabled this to proceed.
"Joyce Mitchell, a supervisor in the prison’s tailor shop, allegedly smuggled frozen meat containing hacksaw blades and drill bits through the main gate at the prison, according to authorities. She is said to have had a sexual relationship with both prisoners."

Guess what has fallen off most news stories?
Probably "politically incorrect".

Yeah, they were bad guys. Yes, they were in "Little Siberia", Maximum Security.....and the guard did this.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
No...the worst of the worst was the female guard who enabled this to proceed.
"Joyce Mitchell, a supervisor in the prison’s tailor shop, allegedly smuggled frozen meat containing hacksaw blades and drill bits through the main gate at the prison, according to authorities. She is said to have had a sexual relationship with both prisoners."

Guess what has fallen off most news stories?
Probably "politically incorrect".

Yeah, they were bad guys. Yes, they were in "Little Siberia", Maximum Security.....and the guard did this.

Actually I've been hearing about her and her "exploits" all along, pretty much talked about daily. Of course I haven't heard all news reports from all networks, but the ones I have seen have not been quite about what she did. It's all bad.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Anyone see the paintings done by Matt while in jail? The guy was a first-class artist. What a waste. I bet his paintings will bring a lot of $$$ when and if they hit the art market.

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
I figured Matt would have killed Sweat... Sounds like Sweat saw that coming too and got to steppin'. Have to be honest, law enforcement should still feel ashamed, those two punked you for 3 weeks...Not to mention the guards who were responsible for monitoring the incarcerated. Truly pathetic all around.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well he would not have gotten shot if he had not thought he could out run ah speedin bullet.

Folks safe there now.:applause:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Did see the one guard's comment - who smuggled in the tools - didn't think they were so they could escape. No, it was to restore the imaginary MGB in there cell - sheesh.