• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

When F1 was a blast...

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I just read this old article in the Motor Sport Magazine archives, and it brought back great memories of reading about Hesketh Racing in Competition Press/Autoweek and the other publications at that time. I think this team was what got me interested in Formula 1 and not just USAC and Indy...

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I attended my first F1 event at The Glen in '68. Once I was out of college ('72) I went racing myself and didn't have the time.

But I recall the wonderful F1 racers and cars from that era (just before Hesketh got into racing in '73).

Today, it's a waste of time, in my opinion.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Dave,

Your link doesn't work. It goes directly to the title page for Motor Sport and not the article you referenced. If you could post the title of the article, I think we could locate it by using the search box. Like Nial, my first F1 was at the Glen in '68. Those really were some of F1's golden years and the new product pales in comparison. The new motors don't even have that ear piercing shriek that is so much a visceral part of F1.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I still have the Glen programs with Hesketh in 'em. Love the bear. And we have previously posted pix of Hunt from those days.