• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A few Morris pics

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
So I've been playing around with the Morris Minor over the last week, and I really like it. She does feel a bit like a 4-door Spridget. Still have some sorting out to do, but she'll make a nice pair with Penny.

Good friend offered his truck/trailer for the rescue mission
intro_-_11.jpg

Original owner was one J.E.M. Morris of Newtown. Sold 10 October, 1966. UK plate is still on the car. I've got some nice documentation with the car, including the original owner's manual, Passport to Service (shown below), accessories booklet, and the last 10 or so MOTs (including text in Welsh on the back).
intro_-_2.jpg

Period (I think) first aid kit by Boots.
intro_-_6.jpg

Unloading the car after the rescue trip. That's my friend in the picture. 1800 miles and lots of diesel!
intro_-_12.jpg

At my local club's annual show a few days after bringing her home
intro_-_8.jpg

intro_-_9.jpg

Did a little modification to get the seat further back a few inches more, and added a nice shift knob from FutoFab for the 5-speed
intro_-_10.jpg

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I got a chance to see Drew and this car at the "local club's annual show" last weekend. It really is as nice as it looks in the pictures!

However, there were A LOT more cars around when I saw it. Drew, you either got there really early or stayed really late to get those pictures.

Keith

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
However, there were A LOT more cars around when I saw it. Drew, you either got there really early or stayed really late to get those pictures.

Was good to see you at British Field Day. One of these days we'll both have our Sprites there.

I stayed late to help clean up. The advantage is it was a little cooler by the time I had to tackle Parley's Canyon to get home. For the non-Utahns that's a steep freeway stretch that goes from 4500' in the Salt Lake Valley to about 7000' at the summit. And it was over 90* that day. Can be brutal on our little cars, but the Morris did pretty well.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Looks really nice and the documentation is excellent.

Country flag
We have been totally smitten by our Morris Traveller. I am on the hunt for a tourer or a clean 2 door. Drew - you ARE going to KEEP this one - right?!!! :smile: You'll really enjoy it once you get the kinks worked out.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Looks really nice and the documentation is excellent.

I love the old documents, they add something neat to the story.

We have been totally smitten by our Morris Traveller. I am on the hunt for a tourer or a clean 2 door. Drew - you ARE going to KEEP this one - right?!!! :smile: You'll really enjoy it once you get the kinks worked out.

I do expect we'll keep this one. It's such a neat little car, and it's really solid. The four door body is a little silly (the doors are quite short) but I like it, suits the car. The mechanical stuff will get worked out, and it is good practice for working on the Bugeye.

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag

Peter, there is a very nice Tourer for sale in San Francisco. It's a '57 that was one owner for 50 years and I know the car and current owner. I don't know if it's still for sale or of you'd want to travel this far, but it'd be worth it.