• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Happy Father's Day

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Let me be first to post.

Happy Father's Day.

To those who are biological fathers, adoptive and emotional/spiritual/mentor fathers.

To those who are missing their fathers (as I am today)

The most rewarding job we will ever have (and sometimes the most thankless :smile:

Blessings to you all!

:cheers:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I'm spending Father's Day in Boston with my son and the grandkids. There is no better way!

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I am off to a Fathers Day car show, since I get to do what on Fathers day, besides it takes the pressure off the kids. HA HA.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
HAving the boys out today for Father's Day meal. Might go to a car show later.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
We did Father's Day yesterday with my kids. It was a combo Father's day and 1st ballet recital day with one of my grand daughters (See photo below). All four of my grand kids were there so good times. We actually towed home early from a weekend race at Thompson Speedway to do this. Priorities.

Today I will spend time with my father-in-law. And later my brother-in-law and I will have a nice meal with ~the girls~.

Four of my siblings will see my Dad today (he's about 100 miles south of me). I just spoke to him. I'll see him in a few days.

Earlier today I sent a link with Dan Fogleberg's "Leader" song to my siblings. One of my favourites.

ballet-recital-leighton-june-2015 (15).jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
HAving the boys out today for Father's Day meal. Might go to a car show later.

UPDATE: Looks like Father Day dinner will have to wait for another day. My sons are both in Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and have been called out on a search and rescue in the Taos NM area. Seems a former White House chef has gone missing while on a hike and they are calling in the CAP to assist.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
My plan was to drive the Spitfire out to Thompson and he and I were going to do the parade lap. Not happening. Pouring rain here. I went to Thompson yesterday. We will go out to dinner instead.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Raining here in Beantown too.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Rain predicted here but it's held off but cloudy.

BIG car show cancelled today in nearby Summit NJ. It usually has lots of Ferraris plus a Bugatti and McLaren or two.....along with pre-war Bentleys, Duesenbergs, etc.

We also have a little hot rod show nearby today....it usually draws about 150 cars but I drove by today and there were about a dozen cars there.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
UPDATE: Looks like Father Day dinner will have to wait for another day. My sons are both in Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and have been called out on a search and rescue in the Taos NM area. Seems a former White House chef has gone missing while on a hike and they are calling in the CAP to assist.

Haven't heard the details yet, but unfortunately the missing WH chef was found deceased near Taos.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol:

...but a shame about the chef.