• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Why Is It The Site Locks Up When Editing A Post?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Does it most every time I edit a post I made. Correcting spelling or adding more info, the buttons go dead. Crazy as sometime I redo the post and it all comes back. Oh well, only does it on this site, no where else. PJ

Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I don't have that problem. Anyone else? What browser are you using? (I just edited this post to see if I had a problem).

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Basil I haven't a clue why I'm having this problem. I'm using IE-11 in W-8. I haven't tried using another browser, but will.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
No issues here.

Firefox, but never had that on Explorer, either.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I almost always have this problem when EDITING (re-posting as it were) a post. Often, I have to go out and back in. I figure it's IE11.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well Mark, At least I know I'm not alone, not that it's any consolation. :uncomfortableness: PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Basil I haven't a clue why I'm having this problem. I'm using IE-11 in W-8. I haven't tried using another browser, but will.

Sounds like an IE11 issue. Maybe some change in the IE browser that is not accounted for in the forum software.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yep... IE11 here with Win8. Don't like either but have been lazy to change. I still can't post a image that isn't reduced in size when posted (specifically, it won't stretch to another size). None are serious problems for me though.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I edit a lot after posting and this never happens to me. Windows 7 here (I had Windows 8.0 and had one of my tech guys remove it because it was so awful at nearly everything).

British Car Forum is the site I use to check to see where my problems lie. With other sites, I can't tell if it's with my computer or the website. When I have a problem using BCF there's a 99% chance it's at my end.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Every time you have a problem, it is always IE. Time to dump it my friend.

Agreed. ALL my website problems are Internet Explorer problems, and it's SO slow. Must finally break away.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I edit a lot after posting and this never happens to me. Windows 7 here (I had Windows 8.0 and had one of my tech guys remove it because it was so awful at nearly everything).

British Car Forum is the site I use to check to see where my problems lie. With other sites, I can't tell if it's with my computer or the website. When I have a problem using BCF there's a 99% chance it's at my end.

Yes I agree, I tried another browser Nial and the issue went away! IE is going away also. PJ

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Every time you have a problem, it is always IE. Time to dump it my friend.

YEP Greg so he needs to go to Fire Fox just a little different but works a charm.

D

Deleted member 8987

This is a new post with IE11 on Win 7.

Just edited it on the same browser.

Just edited again on IE11. (First time I've used it on this computer). Seems to work ok. (??)

You spot a bad prophet or teacher not by all the good stuff they say, but the stinkers they sneak in.
Same with this.
IE (including eleven) works good (or at least acceptably) sometimes, but when it doesn't...if you don't have a Plan B, you'll be going out and buying a newspaper.
Why do you think MS is dropping IE completely?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Quite telling that IE will be dropped. Really rather amazing (though I figured they'd embed it somehow within Windoze).

Last edited:
OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I understand their dropping the name IE and support for IE before W-10. It will be called something else in W-10 supposedly because of the negativity factor associated with the name in previous versions. Or so I've been told. PJ

D

Deleted member 8987

Quite telling that IE will be dropped. Really rather amazing (though I figured they'd imbed it somehow within Windoze).

They are. Read up on it. Totally different theorum. Not the same.
They needed something they could control and monitor easier.

The good part is you can't avoid their updates with 10, so.....I'm just waiting for them to try to shut down my XP remotely and force me into their Brave New World.
Would not put it past them.
One of the reasons for my external image.

And, yes, skipping 9 to distance themselves from 8, changing IE and the way it works...all part of the "plan".
https://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8230631/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-brand

"Project Spartan" it will be unless you have Enterprise, then IE may soldier on a bit until they put the fear in you that "support is ending".
Who cares?

D

Deleted member 8987

Both Project Spartan, which will be named "Edge" in the released version and IE11 will be included in Win10.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8511169/microsoft-edge-official-name-internet-explorer-upgrade

"Known as Project Spartan initially, Microsoft is revealing today that the company will use the Microsoft Edge name for its new browser in Windows 10.
While Microsoft Edge is the successor to Internet Explorer, Microsoft will keep its aging browser around for enterprise customers."

Looks like what I said. You get 11 for Enterprise, not sure if you need to buy Enterprise Business software....