• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cars & Coffee Shows

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
These Car & Coffee shows (or in our case, "Cars & Croissants") are a great idea. They last only through the morning so it doesn't chew up your entire day.

I went to a C & C show here in Morris County, NJ a few weeks ago and the most common car there was a Ferrari (I had the only MGB).

This past week, I took the 7 to a C & C show in nearby New Vernon, NJ and saw more stunning cars.

I parked next to a gigantic 1928 Bentley. The owner has another Bentley and two Rolls Royces....all of similar vintage. And he drives them all regularly.

The LaFerrari shown is one of 499. Each costs $1.2 million and the company has to "invite" you to buy one (they won't sell them to any old schmuck!).

Photo Link ---> https://vintageracer.tripod.com/cars-croissants-2015.html

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
WOW! That Dual Ghia!

And the Giulia/Giulietta... What I wouldn't give! Never seen one with wire wheels. Absolutely gorgeous!

Oh well, one can dream...

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Really nice gathering and plenty of really interesting cars. Coffee and Cars started out nice here but has gotten out of control almost. We've been getting 500 or more lately and there aren't that many interesting cars in OKC. 90% are just everyday cars and kids with their rice rockets. Not much interest anymore.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks for the pics, Nial. Y'all have some lovely cars in your area.

catfood

Jedi Knight
The Bentley would have to be near the top of my lottery win list. The 356 too but that colour (if I described it honestly I think Basil would have to delete the post).

We used to have a regular meet close by that struggled to find a venue. After disappearing for a couple of years it was resurrected recently but was rapidly taken over by the hot hatch brigade who thought it was a good idea to burn up and down the road outside. The police got involved and now that venue has gone...

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I have "cruise nights" literally every night and at different venues all around here. On some night I could go to 2 or 3 of them. They are all over New Jersey in the parking lots of shopping malls, restaurants, etc. But they are almost all hot rods which can be fun but not really my thing. Generally, the attendees to these cruise night are pensioners......not so much the hot-hatch crowd. Some cars can be noisy but bad driving is pretty rare.

The Cars & Coffee events attract a different group.....Porsches, Ferraris, classic sports cars, air-cooled VWs, etc.

Rich part of Jersey! :cool-new:

Yeah...we are usually in ~The Top Ten~ every year.

If you only look at it from that perspective, it can be a challenge for a school teacher to live in this area. But overall, it's a great place to live. And anyway, my grand kids and other close family members are nearby. That's way more important to me than saving a few bucks on taxes.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Probably another sign of my curmudgeon-hood, but area "cars and coffee" events seem to be massive gatherings of shiny cars from the 1970s and 1980s, plus a few 1940s sedans having air cleaners punching through the hood. Boring to me, I'm afraid.

Yesterday at Sturbridge Village we had a show of cars "built before 1946". That year was when Sturbridge Village opened to the public, and visitors actually drove their cars through the village, parking near each house to enter and see the interpreters inside. Very different from today's "park with the megabuses in the parking lot" type living history museums.

Scenes from the show:

https://www.osv.org/gallery/antique-car-rally

Instead of Cars and Coffee, maybe we should call it "Carriages and Cider"?

My favorite was a 1941 Cadillac, with a fully functioning Hydramatic transmission. Love that old technology.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great Pics! I find myself more and more fascinated with that era of cars - brass era - prewar. BTW is that you on the bottom right of the page holding the basket of wool? :p

PS read the Ruxton link I left in other cars if you like these things.

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Probably another sign of my curmudgeon-hood, but area "cars and coffee" events seem to be massive gatherings of shiny cars from the 1970s and 1980s, plus a few 1940s sedans having air cleaners punching through the hood. Boring to me, I'm afraid.

Your "cars and coffee" sound like what we call "cruise nights".

Our "cars and coffee" (really, "Cars and Croissants") are completely different from our "cruise nights".

Not sure if you saw ~MY LINK~ but here's some of the stuff I just saw at our "cars and coffee" show.

54.jpg

52.jpg

50.jpg

49.jpg

10.jpg

38.jpg

35.jpg

28.jpg

The only thing missing from this Dual-Ghia (below) was Sammy Davis Jr. and Frank Sinatra. :smile:

45.jpg

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yes, you can tell he really drives the Bentley on the street. He actually has another Bentley and two Rolls-Royces.....all about the same vintage. Drives them all!

And I agree about the "moderns". I took a snap of the LaFerrari but otherwise I hardly looked at it.