• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What are you doing this weekend?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Finger stretching exercises?

Today is the first show/ swap meet of the year - and I will be leaving in a few minutes, without Ms Triss. She is waiting for the seats to be re-upholstered.

That said, last night I got to spend an hour or two - and with the seats out, that means under the dash.

1. replaced Light switch - the old was malfunctioning in that the interior lights didn't always come on right away.

2. replaced the dash lights on the gauges - they are supposed to be brighter, though I am not convinced, easier job than it could have been given that my fingers are about two inches too short.

3. loosened off the speedo, took of the glass and repainted the needle - about half had flaked off and it was driving me nuts.

4. made a new foam gasket for under the heater - the old was strips of door rubber gasket and had got sucked into the heater. Found a piece of foam for cheap and got to carve some.

So, we carry on!

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Got a few hours today to start to fit and build rotisserie so Bugsy can go upside down. Last few weeks has been Spring Yard stuff and starting a new job that is a 150 mile daily commute from Dayton to Columbus. Fortunately majority all wide open expressway with cruise set at 78 mph. As long as I get out by 4:30 I can roll on home pretty easy. Don't like the drive but eventually I'll be able to work from home a few days each week.

dklawson

Yoda
Last weekend we awoke both the Mini and the GT6 in preparation of spring driving and a show next month. A little starter fluid was needed for both but they easily came back to life.

This weekend was spent considering the next maintenance to carry out on my son's Spitfire. I am still thinking over the potential installation of the Airtex pump discussed in the thread that started last month.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Spent most of yesterday doing scoring for my car club at a local karting track. It was our first time out, and folks had a good time.

Today it's some around the house chores, maybe a bike ride, and likely taking the top off the Jeep for the first time. And doing laundry. The life of a middle aged married man. :smile:

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My weekend is Sunday and Monday, so for me its just begun. I'm starting off with a mountain bike ride, then interior detailing. Tomorrow we are getting her a 2" exhaust system with a Magnaflow muffler, then dropping the fuel tank to put in a new sending unit.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Back from the show - more crowded than I have ever seen. Nice assortment of cars - 4 MGFs, various Loti and More Spridgets than I have ever seen other than at Bronte (the biggest show) and various Farina bodied cars - no pics as it was too cold to take my hands out of my pocket!

As an aside, for years there was a local guy who had garages full of mostly obscure parts. He wasn't especially trustworthy and he really liked his parts by the prices he would charge. A year or two ago he died and they auctioned his stuff off (three day auction in one day) stuff was going for literally pennies on the dollar.

I'll bet there was more of his stuff on sale today - at fairer prices than ever when he was alive - fascinating.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Finally took mine out for a shake down cruise. Drove from Kelso to Astoria. When I pulled into the parking lot, the car would only grind trying to get it into reverse. If I turned off the engine, it would go in, so I did that, got out of the parking lot and headed home. When I got to Clatskanie and tried to downshift from 5th, the car wouldn't go into any gear at all. Again, I turned it off and got it into first. Driving away I was able to upshift but it feels very stiff. I got it home. Since I only have about 200 miles on it since I got the back from the shop to have the tranny rebuilt, tomorrow I get to have it towed back to Portland so they can try again. Beautiful weather for a drive. No Pics.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Sorry Bill. That does suck.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I worked pretty much the whole weekend with performances Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I was able to get a little bit of driving time with Baby Blue on Saturday morning just to get the fluids circulating and various parts moving. Our job Saturday evening was in Purcellville, Virginia, which is a fantastic drive from where I'm located: Back roads to Point of Rocks where I cross the Potomac into Virgina, more back roads to get to Lovettsville, where I pick up Route 287, which is the main north/south road between Purcellville and Brunswick, MD. I was so sorely tempted to take Baby Blue to the gig, but the more conservative voice inside told me just to stick with the Jetta. There will be other days...

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I went to the first Cars & Croissants in NJ the previous weekend. It was pretty amazing.

~Click Here~ to see photos.

In two weeks a number of us will be bringing our race cars to the local Britfest show. I'm also hoping to bring my Super 7 and maybe my MGB and even the 948 Midget. (the event is only a mile from my house).

~Britfest-NJ-2015~

~Click Here~ to see Britfest 2014.

Meanwhile, I've been working on my Super 7 to get it ready for the show plus Summer in general. It had sort of a "kit-car-ish" dashboard and interior so I am reworking all of that. The metal is very solid (much of it is stainless), but there is also surface rust on some areas, as you would expect from a 32 year old British roadster. So I've pulled out much of the fluffy, jazzy interior paneling and am replacing with a few simple mats and rugs. Interior is all cleaned up now with some welding modifications while I was at it. I intend to use POR15 and then cover that with hardened enamel this week if weather clears up.

s7-cleanup-aprl-2015.jpg

Last edited:

nomad

Yoda
I experienced a brake failure Friday night on my 66! Lot of pucker power in that!

For the week end visited daughter and grandson.

Kurt.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Sunday my 15 year old Grandson and I did Rolling British Car Day here in San Diego. The round trip from my house and back was 182 miles. That is a lot of driving in a Bugeye. There were 250 British cars rolling through the back country winding up at a beautiful golf course and parking on the grass and having a barbeque. lots of fun.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
That is a lot of miles, but it sure sounds like a great time!

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Tons of driving this weekend... Probably about even with the 182 above but throughout the weekend... Temps in the car never got above 140. Burnt everywhere the sun could see. Had a blast!!!