• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Aircraft Stripper? Hmm...

TulsaFred

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Bought this to strip the paint off my steel wheels. Good thing they are not actually for an aircraft...
9ld5qq.jpg

33loy88.jpg

SD Bugeye

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That's just dumb
like jumbo shrimp and pretty ugly,act natural yea oxymoron.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Fred,
The aerosol works pretty well, but the liquid is awesome! Be careful and don't get it on your skin.
Rut

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
LOL.

Of course, when I first saw the thread title, I was thinking that someone posed nude with an airplane.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
LOL.

Of course, when I first saw the thread title, I was thinking that someone posed nude with an airplane.

Sadly, I went there as well. Not sure what that says about me... or you for that matter. :grin:

OP
TulsaFred

TulsaFred

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I find that this paint remover, like others I've tried, basically removes one layer at a time. It takes repeated applications, typically 3-5 on most of my cruddy projects, to get "most" of the paint off. Seems like the deepest layers (usually very old original paint) just won't come off easily. Maybe it's the paint or maybe it's the fact that there is metal underneath rather than another layer of paint. Whatever the reason, it only partially does the job. Not to mention that you need to scrape, and it's messy, and the peeled layers of crud dry back into sticky "paint like" material. Ugh.I should probably stick with blasting, but the thick layers of paint make a mess of my glass beads in a hurry.