• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sir Stirling Reunited with Sebring Sprite

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
2759AED600000578-3029161-image-a-1_1428435271714.jpg

'I allow myself whatever I want but I would have to say my indulgences are that Susie and I drink one bottle of wine each day, white certainly, Chardonnay. And chocolate. I'm trying to cut that down but not that successfully.'
He made the revelations after a new documentary reunited the father-of-two with the Austin-Healey Sprite he used as a training car before the 1962 Sebring three-hour race.
The race took place a month before the crash at Goodwood on Easter Monday that ended his career. He had to be cut out of his Lotus and was unconscious for six weeks.

He returned to the cockpit a year later but decided against competing professionally as he felt he was no longer driving instinctively.
The Austin-Healey Sprite was also used by the rest of his team, including Hollywood star Steve McQueen and racing legends Innes Ireland and Pedro Rodriguez.
Car SOS, which broadcasts on the National Geographic Channel on Thursday, sees the rusty Sprite rescued from a suburban garage and carefully renovated before Sir Stirling puts it through its paces once again.

Read more:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...n-electric-car-speed-50mph.html#ixzz3Wra3JKmb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Steve (The King of Cool) McQueen was pretty good behind the wheel as well. Like Paul Newman, they were both real gear-heads.

9251_wd.jpg

5839613904_9a52f9ca37_z.jpg

nomad

Yoda
Thanks for that, Rick! Great stuff!

I'm afraid I'm still living in that era!

Kurt.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Love the Black & White pic - look at the guy in the raincoat and hat on the right - could be straight out of a Carry on Movie or Monty Python

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

nomad

Yoda
If you notice when the full episode comes up be sure to post, Rick!

Kurt.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I wonder if there's anyway to get a good blown up pic made out of the Steve McQueen pic above? That would be perfect in the garage.

G

I wonder if there's anyway to get a good blown up pic made out of the Steve McQueen pic above? That would be perfect in the garage.

Put it in your photobucket account and it will give you that option.

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
:encouragement: What I found interesting was the similarity of my car to the one in the photos. My Mark 2 Sprite has an identical hardtop that I bought from Donald Healey's dealership. Also the license on the car in the photo is 9251 WD and my license (still on my car) is 7339 WD. The WD part indicated that the car was purchased in Warwick.

nomad

Yoda
Nelson...been waiting for you to chime in! Your car came to mind as soon as I saw that picture as well.:friendly_wink:

Kurt.

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Here we go. Keep it on the QT

Paul

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks for the video

nomad

Yoda
Yes, thank you Paul and Rick! Great stuff!

Kurt

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I really enjoyed seeing a great piece of Sprite history being preserved. I was surprised to see that Sir Stirling was as short as he is but only in height as he is above other drivers in his accomplishments.