• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lower GI inspection...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
colonoscopy.jpg

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Not funny. I am having the procedure done Tuesday. I am not a happy camper about it!!!!!

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I've had it done once (and other times avoided as they now more often do an occult blood test first). The preparation for it is the worst.
Funny thing is that you won't remember a THING! Truly. You'll start out looking at a monitor thinking "oh, this will be an interesting tour" but they tell you the drugs will erase it all. They do. You'll remember going in and nothing else (for a full colonoscopy).

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I've had it done once (and other times avoided as they now more often do an occult blood test first). The preparation for it is the worst.
Funny thing is that you won't remember a THING! Truly. You'll start out looking at a monitor thinking "oh, this will be an interesting tour" but they tell you the drugs will erase it all. They do. You'll remember going in and nothing else (for a full colonoscopy).

:iagree:

Yep.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
But you will remember that Golightly. If anything was ever misnamed, that would be it.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Just don't look at what they use and you won't remember that either! :devilgrin: When I came out of the sedation, the wife told me I had the nurse and her laughing their heads off! To this day she won't tell me what I said! :highly_amused: PJ

G

They just had a story on the news about a "super bug" being transmitted by the scope they use; apparently they are hard to clean.

catfood

Jedi Knight
This sort of operation is a popular speciallity for young doctors. After all, the best way to make a successful career in medicine is to start at the bottom and work up! :highly_amused: (BTW I too have suffered the ignominy of such a procedure, it was the imflation that got me, spent the next couple of hours afterwards breaking wind with every step.....)

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When I had mine done I asked the doctor and nurses "why am I the only one in the room without pants on?"

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
When I had mine done I asked the doctor and nurses "why am I the only one in the room without pants on?"

And you soon found out, didn't you? :jester:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Oh yeah!

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
"Can you hear me now?"

Or that other great line "careful doc, you're about to go where no man has gone before."

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
LOL Haven't heard that in a LONG time (15 years or so).

D

Deleted member 8987

Ah. They put me clean out. Anesthesiologist and all. First time they did it, the doc came in afterwards and told me he had never, in his entire career (and he was retiring in six months) had to put that much happy juice in anybody to keep them on the table.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Had it done 4 times now, every five years, prep is the worst. First prep was really, really bad. Bottle of thick brown goo to drink. Next two were MoviPrep, not as bad, but just as miserable. Last time, a whole list of over-the-counter stuff. Not as bad a prep.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I understand that Castor oil is the best for prepping. It not only clears the pathway, but lubricates the runway at the same time! :encouragement:

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Piece of cake. Hardest part was 14 hours on the toilet seat. Left it once and ruined an old office chair. 4 Ducolax tabs followed by 32 oz. of applejuice laced with miralax. Repeated twice. Mount St. Helens has nothing on me!!!! Procedure was nothing. A little Versed, a little Fentinal and it was night night time. Two days later and I am still giving them their air back. (see Jeff Foxworthy skit on the procedure on YouTube). All is well in the end. Oops, did I say that???!!!