• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A The Triumph Workbook

Hoyt

Freshman Member
By way of introduction, my first Triumph was a '64 Spitfire acquired in the summer of 1971 just before my senior year in high school. This led to the acquistion of a 1957 TR3 the following summer, a car I eventually sold in the early 80s and have regretted doing that ever since. Fast forward to a decade ago when I acquired two complete TR3s, a TR2 and parts for almost two more. I've over-compensated a bit.

Now that I'm ready to begin work on the cars, I'm discovering that the body of knowledge needed for restoration are a hodgepoge of discussion forums, self-made websites (some now defunct), mail list archives and older published material.

My solution to that, as oppsed to a local collection of Internet bookmarks, a folder of photocopied pages and a stack of old books, was to create an on-line knowledge wiki to assist me in the body-off-frame restorations of four TRs.

Located at https://triumphworkbook.com/, the Triumph Workbook uses the same software as the more famous Wikipedia. At first, it will be mostly an annotated links collection, but as I work through the restoration process four times, I hope to add useful additional information as well as provide an organized central resource for all the information that I collect. My intent is for it to be a useful resource to anyone who wants to restore one of these cars. The copyright used for the site permits free non-commercial use of the original content.

I welcome your comments and, if you are able, your contributions since all of us are smarter than any one of us.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Welcome to BCF! That is an excellent resource you've created - congratulations! I think we used to have a Wiki here on BCF at one time.

By the way, you might want to add our Triumph forums to your Significant Resources of Knowledge section!

Tom

OP
Hoyt

Hoyt

Freshman Member
By the way, you might want to add our Triumph forums to your Significant Resources of Knowledge section!

Tom

It's second one in the list in the "Triumph Forums" section. In the section you mentioned, I'll be adding links to HOWTOs provided by the bigger websites or from significant private sites like TeriAnn's. As well, there will be a list of the published books that are useful.

Wikis fail from active participation (hindered by a not-small learning curve to actually perform the edits). Even Wikipedia.com has only a small cadre of regular editors. I expect to be the primary contributor over a several year period, so when I am finished with my cars, it should be well-populated and useful to many people. That should give it longevity.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Most of he info is here...in the archives. I have been attempting to fill in some of the gaps that I find in the archive coverage. And Tush has some awesome videos in the archives. It's not organized in an outline format, but any topic is a search away.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Look at the top right of this page..."advanced search". That button is your best friend in a restoration. For Tush's videos, go to his profile and look for his posts...or u tube.