• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Williams seems to be popping up everywhere...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Poor guy.

WILLIAMS 1.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yes, the world if "info-tainment" (or what Stewart or Colbert called "newsertainment"). It seems to be the norm nowadays... with seemingly EVERYTHING a "breaking" news story. Unfortunately, William's story has morphed from the truth (small arms fire to his helicopter) to has migration to a downed helicopter. Who knows why.

Seems that most of these anchors fancy themselves as celebrities (e.g., Dan Rather)... and maybe that's the problem.

One thing that is also unfortunately the case here is that this has become fuel for the conservative vs. liberal positions (with respect to newscasters - or the perception of network bias).

But while we're at it... here's more fun. :highly_amused:

WILLIAMS 3.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's the real deal....
walter-cronkite.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Yep... and I remember him covering Vietnam (for real).
Ever read his book though? Interesting. Not to get political here, but he was a strong supporter of the "one world government" movement.

But one more just cuz we're having FUN.

BRIAN WILLIAMS.jpg

OK, I'm done. I promise. :rolleye:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
One of the NY papers referred to him on their front page as "Lyin' Williams"

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
One of the NY papers referred to him on their front page as "Lyin' Williams"

Oh my.
I suspect they'll be scrutinizing a lot of his former field reporting (and perhaps they did given the 6 month suspension).

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Here's the real deal....
View attachment 36144

Agree with you on that!

And even earlier:

coutant.orgbrnkhunt.jpg

And even earlier:

image.jpg

I think the difference is they were journalists *before* they hit the public screen. Now it seems the news is delivered by the beautiful people.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
News? is that what it is called?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
News? is that what it is called?

Well, it was news back when I was a kid (a zillion years ago). Huntley-Brinkley reported world events, presidential trips, political developments - things that actually affected people nation wide. Don't recall them focusing on media events, entertainment personalities, local shootings, and "fashion trends". Not to mention a scorpion on an airplane, or the Westminster Dog Show.

grumble grumble

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just won't go away......

Well, if the story is to be revived, this is good... and maybe O'Reilly was in there too.