• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How are you spending your afternoon?

How are you spending your day?

• Glued to the TV - Go Seahawks!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Glued to the TV - Go Patriots!

• Briefly glued to the TV - go Katy!

• Is there a game on? I will be doing my normal things

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I know there is a game on, but I'll be in the garage

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Kind of an important day for many, what will you be doing?

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I am driving my Bugeye over to a friends Party. Parking it in his driveway, watching the first half of the Super Bowl saying hi to friends and then driving back to my house to watch the second half.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Clearing the snow to be ready for tonight's storm, then clearing out "stuff" to make room for the new garage.

Then after lunch, continuing research on the USAF Lockheed Constellation "Columbine 2", the reason for the name Air Force One. Hoping to gather evidence of its Connecticut connections, to show to potential funding sources in order to bring it to our museum and restore.

Here's a sample, showing President Eisenhower arriving at Bradley Airport (Connecticut) in 1954, on that aircraft, USAF 8610. He received an honorary doctorate from Trinity, then gave a speech.

tToBradleyFieldOctober20195410.jpg

The aircraft (now in Arizona) is looking for a new home.

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Spending the afternoon playing poker. Then the game with another group of friends. Too cold for the garage. I've already loaded up with firewood and am ready for the next snowstorm.

Don_R

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
as always, i'll be at work during the game.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sheetrock mud and tape. :grumpy: In a tight closet too.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I'll be out taking pictures with my camera, or spending time in my freshly cleaned and organized garage (want to enjoy it while I can as it never stays this way very long). I may glance at the TV once in a while as I traverse the living room on my way to the bathroom.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Reffing some youth soccer games... the real Football :nana:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Working on my TF! :encouragement: PJ

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
My garage is in Frozen hibernation, but we spent the afternoon at the local art museum attending the ceremony for the Scholastic Art Awards. Then we went to the opening of the exhibit showing the students work. My dot got an honorable mention for a portrait she drew. Now we're home an I have to get to work on this weeks GramDragon comics to upload tonight. I might see some of the game. I gotta go get some snacks.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Game didn't start here until 4 PM (apparently), I'm watching the news right now... Just did my usual thing this afternoon, church in the morning, flea market in the afternoon ($5 for four old photos), then went for a walk and took a few photos... Then leaving the grocery store, my jaw dropped when there was a Jensen Interceptor FF right in front of me
shocked.gif
on a rather average winter day for Alberta, meaning snow and slush, more on that in the Spotted forum...

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?100022-Jensen-FF-(in-winter-weather!)

D

Deleted member 8987

I'm sitting here trying to get my freshly loaded Windoze 95 to wok on BCF

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
There was one choice left out: I had no dog in the hunt, but watched the game anyway.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Reinstalled the engine/transaxle into a friend's old Pontiac Sunbird, chased electrons thru the harness. Had a pizza fer dinner. Ignored the game, got the score this AM.

Dave said:
I'm sitting here trying to get my freshly loaded Windoze 95 to wok on BCF

Well, I hope you made enuff stir-fry for the rest of us! :laugh:

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
We ended up scanning the show until "Downton Abby" came on....and then we watched that.

After DA was over, we switched to the game and caught what was apparently the best part.

To be honest, we were out of the house during the pre-game, which was our biggest loss (to us) because we're both fans of the silliness and humour of Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir. And I can't find a stream of their pre-game show on any of the usual website.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Great pics James, thanks. I look at the cruise pics and yearn to live in a place where I could park by the ocean like that on Superbowl Sunday! And as much as that, I delight in a time when cars actually looked different - and not just the fancy ones, Fiat, Mini, AMC etc.

(And this thought for the day just popped into my head. If they all look the same, could they at least standardize the parts?) :D