View RSS Feed

2015 1960 TR3A project

pretty much a daily journal

  1. 2015 winter projects: Blog #5. '60 TR3A Edit Blog Entry

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	35842Well, nursing some busted knuckles with a couple shock tops after I got the new moss "upgraded" motor mounts installed.
    they must use the term "upgraded" loosely, because the baseplate of the mounts is 1/2 the thickness of the original ones....that's a problem; because when you mount these things, you really need a strong base plate that will not bend.
    I'm no expert on this, but after looking it over & experimenting a couple different ...
  2. 2015 winter projects: Blog #4. '60 TR3A Edit Blog Entry

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	35839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	35836Fighting a cold, so not doing much on "Sheila"
    but after reading a few threads on motor mounts;
    I decided to give it a try.
    the mounts were in bad shape, possible the original ones, by the look of them.
    after releasing the main nut,
    i jacked up the engine by placing a 4x4 block On the jack, under the oil pan. I had just enough clearance to work the wrench on the 2 bolts of each baseplate, though ...
  3. 2015 winter projects: Blog #3. '60 TR3A

    Finally took the apron off yesterday.
    after reading the workshop manual a couple times, I initially started off wrong footed. By removing the wrong bolts under the wing cowlings.
    misunderstanding their definition of "horizontal bolts".
    but no matter and no big deal.
    i hope I marked the wiring in a manner I can go back to & understand....but time will tell.

    i removed the rad. , wide pulleys from the water pump & crank. As well as the generator. ...

    Updated 01-12-2015 at 06:51 PM by GTP1960

    Categories
    2015 1960 TR3A project
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	35811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	35812  
  4. 2015 winter project :Blog #2

    1960 TR3A
    My 2nd step was to flush the rad. With evaporust radiator flush for about 3 Hrs.

    I knew, going in, that the water jacket surrounding cylinder #4 was probably packed, having read up on the subject in forums and the fact that the engine port, below the #4 cyl., right side, was blocked.
    .....no success.
    flushed again........no success.
    filled the water jackets with undiluted evaporust & let it sit.
    at this point I decided to wait until I remove ...

    Updated 01-12-2015 at 06:52 PM by GTP1960

    Categories
    2015 1960 TR3A project
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	35809  
  5. 2015 winter projects: Blog #1

    My first mission was to remove and rebuild the heater core & system.
    after I had it removed, flushed, cleaned and painted.
    i decided to put it on a shelf, rather than back in the car.
    I removed all the hoses, return pipe & wiring.
    plugged the engine & firewall ports, etc.

    Updated 01-12-2015 at 06:53 PM by GTP1960

    Categories
    2015 1960 TR3A project
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	35808  
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112