PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Ping TR6Bill - Sport exhaust info needed

LastDeadLast
05-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Bill, I seem to remember that you had Falcon's stainless sport exhaust. I'm sorta on the verge of ordering it. I've already got the correct headers and the front pips for the application, I just need the rear pipes and the mufflers. My question is, how do you like it? And, I've always been a fan of the dual tip look, so I'd like to install a couple dual tips on each pipe. How much pipe is after the muffler? The tips that I'm interested in are 14" long (they are Borla stainless slant tips, much like the Ansa exhaust). Is there enough pipe on the back side of the muffler to cut off so the tips won't stick out too far? Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks for the info!

05-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Shannon, indeed I do have the Falcon dual ss pipes. The mufflers come each with a single pipe canted slightly up and out to the back. I, too, didn't like the look of this so I called Stainless Specialties (in Florida, and on the web) to custom make two large, badass wide tips that would slide right over the Falcon tip base (I cut all the tips off except for about one inch and had a good stainless welder attach them - very sturdy). Beware, the Falcon mufflers are huge and will drag. I could not for the life of me figure a way for them to hang with flexible straps so I hard bolted everything as high as I could (and still drag over bumps) and had two 12" ss triple-walled flex pipes made up so the engine could vibrate and not pull my headers off. Works well. Joined the flex pipes and the resultant short front pipe with large strap brackets (also Stainless Specialties) so nothing distorts and can be taken down. https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/billkaram/bigtip.jpg https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/billkaram/flex.jpg

LastDeadLast
05-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was looking for. I found that Moss does make a mounting kit for the sports exhaust, so I'm thinking of calling them to find out about how it works. It looks like I would have just enough room to install my Borla tips if I cut off the rear pipe out of the muffler a bit.

Those tips look great, How do you like the sound?

Thanks again,

skikir
06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
I have them on my TR6 also. They were a pain in the butt to put them on. I did not have a mounting kit so I used a 1.5" by 1.5" long piece of angle iron as a bracket and bolted it to the trunk floor for the rear hanger. Came out just about right. They are fairly loud though. My mixture was fairly rich and timming a little advanced and when I adjusted them it got quieter but still is loud. It's OK for me but I am really concious of them when the wife is along. Last weekend I went to the "The Function in the Junction" Cruise in in Juction City, Oregon. They closed the Main street and let people cruise the street from 6-10pm like the old days. Great showing of American Iron on the hoof (except the AC Cobra 427 and a Nash Metropolitan)! Everything from Model As to Mustang Mach Is and pure stock to out and out drag! Next year I'm entering the my TR because those pipes at least will compete with super charged headered V8s!