PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 Dashpad?

karls59tr
11-12-2014, 11:28 AM
What kind of prices are the aluminum based crash pads selling for now that they are N/A?

TomMull
11-12-2014, 12:13 PM
The are a couple on eBay for over $100. Don't know how many are actually selling at that. I wouldn't think the demand to be very high. My rust bucket still had a decent capping. Tom

Geo Hahn
11-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Are you referring to the capping around the rear of the cockpit (the three sections that, so far as I know, were the only ones in aluminum)?

As I recall from when I covered them -- they were soft to the point of being pliable. Might be possible to fashion some out of thin aluminum sheet stock.

karls59tr
11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Are you referring to the capping around the rear of the cockpit (the three sections that, so far as I know, were the only ones in aluminum)?

As I recall from when I covered them -- they were soft to the point of being pliable. Might be possible to fashion some out of thin aluminum sheet stock.

I believe the cockpit capping you are referring to is also unavailable but I was referring to the long capping above the dashboard behind the windshield which is also made of aluminum.

martx-5
11-12-2014, 05:52 PM
TRF shows all of the capping pieces except the one on the dashboard. I bought a couple of the rear sections (the end pieces) and they were a pretty good fit. I didn't have to tweak them too much. I would have liked to get one for the front, but wound up repairing the one I had. It had a lot of extraneous holes and most of the peg holes were in the wrong spots. I filed them all in with some zinc rods that only requires using a propane torch. Worked real good.

Geo Hahn
11-12-2014, 07:20 PM
My mistake - I was remembering the dash cap as steel and I now see that it is Al.