PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 Turn Signals

Webb Sledge
05-24-2005, 11:48 PM
My flasher unit (the one in the footwell) went bad on me a while back, and I recently bought a modern replacement from AutoZone, the 2 prong type, which is correct for my '72. In short (no pun intended), it doesn't work, which I find odd. It started spazing out right before it died. It would click even when I didn't have signals on, though I'm not sure if the signals came on by themselves when this clicking occured. I've checked all the fuses, and they're all good. Brand new wiring harness, and like I said, they were working (with the new harness in), so I know everything is hooked up right. I tried the unit with the hazards, and it worked, and I bought an ohm meter, so my fuse box is ok. I'm pretty confused. I also checked all the connections, both in the steering column and on the actual switch, and as far as I can tell, they are all have a good connection. Any thoughts?

Webb Sledge
05-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Bump

05-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Webb, I tried the same thing, substituting for me a NAPA flasher (it cross checked in their computer) for an OE flasher and it didn't work. Went with a flasher from TRF and have had no problems. I understand that this is very often the case with flashers. Dunno why.

Bill

trrdster2000
05-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Webb, if you are still having trouble, give this a try. Fix your old unit. Pry the little tits out and you will see it only contains a small set of points and a long metal strip, file the points and strip with a points diamond file or 600 sandpaper and try it out before putting the cover back on. Fixed a bunch in my time. Wayne

Webb Sledge
05-25-2005, 10:30 PM
DANG IT! I wish I knew where it was. Maybe I can find it laying around the garage somewhere. I'm the world's worst at keeping up with stuff. But maybe in this case it kept me from throwing it away. If that fails, I'll try Bill's suggestion. Thanks guys, I'm relieved to know I don't need a new switch or something... (knock on wood)