PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Unique grille?

pdplot
09-30-2014, 08:56 AM
My '71 has a grille with no horizontal crossbar nor anything to attach it to- just the TR6 badge in the center of a black grid. I would post a picture but I'm technologically challenged. Was this a normal grille for that year? Does anyone else have a TR6 with that grille?

DNK
09-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Sounds like they , the PO, removed it

It does come apart from the main area.
I took mine apart and powder coated the middle area and the frame and had the cross bar polished up

Gliderman8
09-30-2014, 09:29 AM
I believe that all model years (69-76) had the channel piece running across the middle of the black grill.

Marvin Gruber
09-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Sounds very much like a PO removed the H bar. I have a couple spare ones if you want to replace it.

Marv

pdplot
09-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks Marv - but there's nothing to attach it to. I'll try to send a picture.34715

Marvin Gruber
09-30-2014, 11:39 AM
There are two small tabs on each side of the grill with ahole in each that's where the bar attachés . If not,I have a whole grill as well.

Marv

HealeyRick
09-30-2014, 11:44 AM
There are two small tabs on each side of the grill with ahole in each ...
Marv

:scared:

Tr6easyrider
09-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Your PO has made a few other changes. The windscreen frame would have been black, not body color and your windshield wipers need to be switched side to side.
Floating emblem 34717

Gliderman8
09-30-2014, 07:48 PM
It also appears that you might be missing the black finisher for the valance that goes under the grill... Moss part 854-205

DNK
09-30-2014, 08:17 PM
It also appears that you might be missing the black finisher for the valance that goes under the grill... Moss part 854-205

Pretty sure it's there Elliot, looks to be painted

Gliderman8
09-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Pretty sure it's there Elliot, looks to be painted
On second look you are probably right. Are the eyes the first thing to go?
(never mind, maybe best left unanswered)

pdplot
09-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Valance is there - painted red by PO. Wipers switched? I never noticed, but I never drive in the rain - not for 18 years I've owned this TR. I'll change them over if they seem to wipe more surface that way. Finally, I'll check the grille for attachment points. I didn't find any the few times I looked. The car looked just the way it does now when I bought it but it had no wipers, a cooked alternator due to installing the battery backwards, a worn top, no windshield washer, and many electrical shorts. I did all the correction work myself, added a stainless steel exhaust system(by a local shop, not me), new brake lines, new window regulator and door check,new top (not installed by me), new alternator, tube shock conversion, rebuilt differential.. It wasn't running when I bought it - I had to tow it home with a rope and did the work in my garage where it still sits while my Honda sits outside, exposed to the elements. It's on its second battery and second set of brake pads.

DNK
10-01-2014, 08:14 AM
On second look you are probably right. Are the eyes the first thing to go?
(never mind, maybe best left unanswered)

Best idea you've had yet
And not to brag
for me it was!