PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3A A post seal

M_Pied_Lourd
09-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Hi guys,

Did a search but came up empty. In my seal kit from TRF, there are seals for the A post. Wondering if someone could post a picture(s) of these seals installed. Also have a couple of questions.

1. Are the seals glued/spray adhesived to the sheetmetal or is the fabric backing piece screwed into the metal with cup washers?

2. I assume the seals go on first followed by the a post carpets?

3. Does the seal travel from the bottom of the a post all the way up to the edge of the dash?

Cheers
Tush

Jesus
09-29-2014, 03:30 AM
Tush,

I am attaching some photos of how I fitted my seals. Originally (at least in my 59 port 60K car) the seals were held in place by some kind of fibreboard strips shaped following the contour of the A post (shape of a jockey-stick). I fitted them with some small sheet screws, as seen in one of the photos. Later I placed the carpet with a little glue along the edge and with some chrome screws with chrome cups. But maybe this is not the correct procedure...

I am pretty sure that this topic has come up already in the forum (or maybe in the “other one”), and I seem to remember that the friends posted very useful an more detailed information.

Jesus