PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Exhaust manifold plugs

trglory
09-27-2014, 04:01 PM
I'll be removing the air rail from the exhaust manifold in a few weeks. What size plugs do I need?

tomshobby
09-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi Joe, I had solid rods with flanges made to mimic the way the tubes fit. They are secured with allen screws and ground to match the inside contour of the manifold. Later I switched to a Pacesetter header.

rooster
09-29-2014, 03:23 PM
I tried to remove my air rail and it ended up being an exercise in frustration. 2 of the 6 brass adapters were frozen and got stripped to the point that they won't come out.

It might be a lot easier to get an earlier manifold (or header) that doesn't have the ports for air injection.

Cheers

tomshobby
09-29-2014, 04:13 PM
This is what I mentioned above. The long one is one of the original tubes and the shorter two are the solid ones that I had made. The other pic shows how they were fitted.

34707 34708

trglory
09-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I was afraid that it would turn into a puss case. If I had the manifold off the car, I could do a lot of things such as the clever solution Tom created. My immediate problem is that the tube on the #6 port rusted through and blew out. I need to close that exhaust leak until I can get the time to remove the manifold and do it right. Any ideas?