PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A TR3 - Not a Barn Find, But Close

RickAnderson
05-22-2005, 01:58 AM
I was doing a real estate appraisal inspection on a property in Orange County and I thought I saw a Bugeye under a cover in the back yard. I lifted the cover up and it turned out to be a TR3. It turns out it was the car that the property owner's son had in college. He put put it in her back yard, put a cover on it, and let it sit - since 1973! I'm sure it needs a full restoration but the sheet metal looked pretty darn straight. What might something like this be worth?

soren_ak
05-22-2005, 03:42 AM
dunno - in Denmark it wuld prolly be worth some 2000 ( 3000 if tax was paied ) euros if all the parts were there - even if it needed a full restauration -

but cars and stuff is mucho mucho cheeper in the us of americanos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Banjo
05-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Depends heavily on how rust free it is, if the motor is salvageable (most likley it is) and how complete the car is overall.
I've seen a few "basket case"(and I mean in boxes) TR3s go for $1500 to $2500, but they were complete and fairly rust free.

dklawson
05-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Rick, email me if you need a contact who can talk to you all day about TR3s. My sons' guardian is my Triumph buddy and he has owned numerous TR3s over the years. You know where to reach me!

kindofblue
05-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Was it stored in the dirt, or on concrete. This could make a big difference in condition of the frame, sills, and floorpan.

Geo Hahn
05-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Good luck. I found one of those 6 years ago here in Tucson. Rust free, stored in a carport on concrete. Went on eBay twice - both times I was the only bidder (reserve not met). She still thinks it is a $10K car that just needs a little TLC to be right again.

Did I mention that her goats had eaten the top and all the interior while standing on the bonnet and rear deck?

RickAnderson
05-22-2005, 11:59 PM
It was driven to its current spot, covered, and left there untouched. It was stored on concrete. She was going to contact her son and get back to me but it's been several months so I am considering giving her a call.

BOXoROCKS
05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Depending on the REAL condition of the car,....all over the map

jayhawk
05-23-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm not suggesting this, but considering the price of parts/body panels in TR3's one could justify buying a straight car (no goat prints) based just on its surface pieces!