PDA

View Full Version : Wedge ham radio in a tr7 fhc

philman
05-18-2005, 07:23 PM
i removed the ac wiring from my fuse block and connected my ham radio to the top fuse in fuse block. no problems so far. i hard mounted the radio to the center panel on the dash (one of my extra ones), aimed slightly left so that i don't have to look away from the road to glance at the display. next is to hard mount the antenna to the roof. ordered my call sign plates. probably the only triumph in oregon with ham radio plates.

vagt6
05-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Fun to take your hobbies along in a hobby car! I used to listen to SWL broadcasts in my GT6 up on the Blue Ridge Parkway at about 3,000 ft., great reception!

Philman, what kind of radio did you install? What kind of antenna?

Mark B. SWL enthusiast.

Banjo
05-20-2005, 08:32 AM
That's one of the primary reasons I'm going to do the GM alternator upgrade to my TR4A. My dad, brother and I are all hams, and we love to tool around in our LBCs (plus its as handy as a cellphone if you need it)
I was gonna get my callsign plates for the TR when I re register it.
We tend to use 2 meter as there is a good network of repeaters around here.
Would love to see a pic of your "porcupine" TR7 when you get the plates on it.
73's, KC2BQW

philman
05-20-2005, 08:52 AM
i have a yaesu 2 meter rig, right now a mag mount on the roof. i am using an alternator off a newer triumph for a little more output than the stock alternator no problems yet, though i've only used low power. will do on photo probably next month.

sparkydave
05-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Cool! I have yet to get any radio gear installed in my other car, even though that's the one with callsign plates. What kind of Yaesu do you have?

73, DE N8YQM