PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A 1961 TR3 control head.

Kleykamp
07-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Inside the control head is a brass "ring" with a contact that screws to the wiring harness. The tab that comes off the ring on mine is broken. I need that brass contact ring to repair an otherwise functioning control head. It does not appear to be something that is available without buying the repro control head. Any suggestions, or any parts horders out there have that piece of a control head? Thanks

charleyf
07-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I will try not to take offense at the term parts hoarder, but try to think of myself as a parts collector. One never knows if they or "somebody " else might need a particular part. If we are talking about the 2" brass ring, I do have one in very good condition. If you want it let me know.
charley

6TTR3A
07-06-2014, 04:25 PM
I agree with charleyf, I don't "hoard', I just never throw any TR3 part away that is not broken OR can be fixed. You never can tell when I (or another sidescreen owner) might be in need. I assume that you mean the attached part. That missing tab is repairable. Some .010 brass stock, a pair of cuticle scissors, a soldering iron & a little patience.
FRank

Kleykamp
07-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Charley, PM sent
Frank, I can come up with everything but the patience for soldering. I'll try to see if Charley has it first. I do see what you are talking about repair though, so if need be...and I can find my broken one, put away 3 years ago, I may give it a try.

Kleykamp
07-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Charley, another pm was sent. the email did not work.

charleyf
07-08-2014, 01:36 AM
My internet is now back up. Message received.
charley