PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Turn signal question

tdskip
06-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Hi guys - trying to help a friend out here. Here is the deal:

1) we have power to the flasher unit
2) we have power form flasher unit to turn signal stalk
3) we have power from the flasher unit to the turn signal stalk
4) we have power from the stalk to front lights (I can manually light up the turn signal lights by switch the turn signal light up and down)
5) but we do NOT have flashing indicators

That seems to indicate that the new (and old) flasher units aren't working, right?

NutmegCT
06-12-2014, 10:53 AM
And all the turn signal bulbs are the proper wattage, and the battery voltage is strong? (Unbalanced bulbs and/or low voltage can result in insufficient current draw to operate the flasher unit).

pdplot
06-12-2014, 11:05 AM
I restored an MG TD back in the '70s. I had the same problem with a new flasher I installed. On a ghunch, I returned the flasher for another one. It worked perfectly. Try a new flasher.

tdskip
06-12-2014, 11:19 AM
And all the turn signal bulbs are the proper wattage, and the battery voltage is strong? (Unbalanced bulbs and/or low voltage can result in insufficient current draw to operate the flasher unit).

Ah, front lamps are not installed. We'll connect those and report back. And yes, I should of known that by this point. Thanks!

tdskip
06-12-2014, 12:48 PM
That was it - well except for that ALL of his lights now blink. Ha, more fun ahead but that should be easy.

DNK
06-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Tom- Keep em that way.
Keep 's them guess behind you

tdskip
06-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Ha!