View Full Version : Spitfire ID these Spitfire Parts Please

05-11-2005, 06:57 PM
As you all know, I came into truckloads of Spit parts. I thought these might be bumper overriders, but it appears I'm wrong. Then I thought "taillight buckets."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifWhat are these plastic thingies? I have three of them!



05-11-2005, 08:23 PM
These are covers for the rear lights. They are mounted inside the trunk, covering the light units, protecting the sockets and wires from being damaged by things in the trunk or while loading or unloading. The flanged end goes toward the fenders.

05-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks...so I wasn't too far off on thinking they could be rear light housings!

And Jim, I might have to hit you on a couple more parts that might be hard to place. I never had trouble with TRs, since every piece is listed in a moss catalog with a nice little diagram, but evidently, Spit parts are not as reproduced!

05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
No problem Sam. Glad to help out if I can. These covers were fitted from '71-'80.