PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Springs

71tr
05-04-2005, 01:22 PM
What springs are you running and where did you get them, TRF, Moss, VB, BPNW, TSI, GP etc? Its suspension rebuild time and I'm searching for new springs all around, so tell me your stories. Should I go uprated, lower the ride height, heighten the ride height? Platform = '71 TR6

Ab Crevoiserat
05-04-2005, 08:58 PM
I am in the process of replacing my springs all around this week. I am replacing the front with stock rated springs from Moss, but I am putting in Poly Bushings. The rear I did a tube shock conversion with stock rated springs and again Poly Bushings also an Anti sway bar. I removed the lowered springs from the front because of a tire rubbing problem, plus I really didn't like the stance with the lowered front. Good luck

LastDeadLast
05-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm the exact opposite of Ab Crevoiserat, I like the TR lowered just a tad. I have Goodparts springs (OK, So I like his stuff) that lowered my car about 3/4". At first I was very hesitant about lowering the car, citing alignment issues. To this end, I bought some spacers to raise it up 3/4", but ended up not needing them. I'm pretty happy with the way it rides right now, however, I think I need a rear swaybar to get things exactly the way I'd like it. I'm using the stock rear shocks so the ride really is nice. Even my wife commented on how nice the car drove.

Here is a pic of the car right after the springs where installed:
https://photos.little-lamb.com/albums/userpics/10002/normal_DCP_0521.JPG

ROADSTR6
05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I used the competition springs from Victoria British. My car is LOOOW! It makes Lastdeadlast's car look like a 4x4. Mine is really too low as I cannot make it over tall speed bumps without my Monza exhaust scraping. I've got a lot of negative camber out back and have considered putting in a set of Richard Good's camber brackets to striaghten the wheels out a bit. Also, I had to cut down the snubber mounts on my rear control arms as they bottomed out on bad dips in the road. My car rides a little rough, but handles like a slot car with all poly bushings and a rear sway bar. I'm using heavy duty rebuilt lever shocks from Apple Hydraulics in the rear and standard tubes up front. If you're interested in looking at/driving my car, I'm in Weddington on Potter Rd. Let me know. I'm in the book as David Rushing.

71tr
05-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Roadstr6;
Thanks for the offer. Once I get my six running we'll have to take a drive together. I'm close, just off Park Rd. and Woodlawn.

ROADSTR6
05-12-2005, 09:08 AM
I frequent your part of town on a regular basis as I am a Bellsouth engineer and I handle your wire center. Good luck with your car!